Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2000 Gallons Tank Project

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • SunnyHouTX
    replied
    That's good news!

    Leave a comment:


  • h0nkzz
    replied
    its still filling up. over 60% at the moment. so far so good.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ballinxalex
    replied
    Austin it prob take a week lol awesome fingers crossed from me

    Leave a comment:


  • Austy16414
    replied
    It probably took all day to fill up lol

    Leave a comment:


  • armthehomeless
    replied
    Don't leave us in suspense, Andri!

    Leave a comment:


  • SunnyHouTX
    replied
    Originally posted by supadave View Post
    Fingers crossed over here !!

    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    +1

    Leave a comment:


  • supadave
    replied
    Fingers crossed over here !!

    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

    Leave a comment:


  • h0nkzz
    replied
    filling it up as we speak. Fingers crossed.


    Leave a comment:


  • h0nkzz
    replied
    I use only ground water here, which is pretty much neutral at pH7. I've use my water for Kois, fancy plecos, and some frontosa right from the tap. All the fish I'm getting here are tank bred locally so they are well adapted to the local water.

    No way I'm getting wild tanganyikan fish as their not very popular here, but the good thing is Indonesia is a huge exporter of the more common species and they are fairly cheap if I buy from local breeder. I would not be surprise if those fish you guys find in most fish store are Indonesian bred, Tropheus duboisi, frontosa are sold by the hundreds n thousands, and they cost next to nothing (less than $1 each for a juvie), ikolas and moliros probably cost about $2 for a 2" fry, $7-10 for adults. The more exotic ones like the rainbow trops and Zaire fronts would cost about the same as they are in the US.

    actually I really didn't put a lot of work personally, I have a lot of helpers that put in the manual labor. I tried to be hands on when I can, but really my biggest challenge was finding time to do it.

    I'll share more pics and info as I go along with this in the next weeks. Don't expect too many surprises though, I got my taste and knowledge of fish keeping in Houston after all.

    Leave a comment:


  • crazy42bmx
    replied
    Im very curious as to what your tap water is over there as here in the states (houston) we all kinda know ours. But there who knows. Theres so much more that goes into a sheer project like this that few people even know the scale of work. Aslo what are u doing for scapping and substrate. Im sure sources there are much different. Here in Houston im probably the biggest Tanganyika keeper, so this project definitely has my attention. Stocking of coarse will be interesting to see what all u put in there. With this size tank theres nothing u cant keep, but like u said its more the matter of getting it. But then again who knows you may have some tricks we dont know about..... lol
    A few ideas i think would be cool additions...

    Mastacembelus eels
    Benthochromis tricoti
    Enantiopus Melanogenys
    Lamprologus Callipterus (school)
    Greenwoodochromis Christy

    Leave a comment:


  • troy tucker
    replied
    I agree but the across the room view is impressive.

    Leave a comment:


  • SunnyHouTX
    replied
    I think viewing from the end window would be by favorite

    Leave a comment:


  • SunnyHouTX
    replied
    That's gonna be awesome, and you're right, there should be a lot of breeding going on

    Leave a comment:


  • h0nkzz
    replied
    It'l be a tanganyikan community, depends on what I find here.
    Definately some Trophs Ikola colony as the main thing but not too many til it overwhelmed the tank. Maybe a 2nd varient (red rainbow or Moops)
    I have some Gibb. Moba in my pond I might just throw in the tank.
    I'm sure I'll get some Calvus / Comps
    Shellies, Cyps, Julies, and those kinds.

    I'm hoping I can get away with different mixes with this tank size.

    Leave a comment:


  • SunnyHouTX
    replied
    Hey man, have you thought of what livestock is going in there?

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X