Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spray Painting Back of Tank - Any Tips?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • sountfc
    replied
    One more pic, of a Taiwan Reef I picked up over the weekend.DSC_8981_120..jpg

    Leave a comment:


  • sountfc
    replied
    Thanks to both of you! I believe right now there is:

    5 Red Empress (3 males, 2 females)
    2 Electric Blue (1 & 1)
    2 Borleyi "Crocodile Rock" (1 & 1)
    3 Borleyi Red Fin
    1 Exochromis Anagyns
    1 Tyrannochromis
    1 Livingstonii
    1 O. Lithobates "Yellow Blaze"
    1 red zebra

    I'm looking for some Taiwan Reef fish to finish it off.

    By the way, I did remove the grey tabs as Matt in Houston suggested. A nice improvement.
    8 clown loaches

    Leave a comment:


  • cichlid1409
    replied
    nice fish. love it!

    Leave a comment:


  • mark razmandi
    replied
    good job man, like the scape.

    Leave a comment:


  • sountfc
    replied
    100_1935..jpg100_1922..jpg100_2053..jpg100_1895..jpg100_1923..jpgA few more.100_2040..jpg

    Leave a comment:


  • sountfc
    replied
    100_2030..jpg100_2056..jpg100_2082..jpg100_2034..jpgOK, finally got this most of the way stocked. Here are some pictures.100_2055..jpg

    Leave a comment:


  • sountfc
    replied
    That's an excellent suggestion. I was actually looking at those today and wondering what I should do with them. My thought at the time is that I wished they came in black; I think it's just bad design for them to be grey like that, because they are unattractive. I think I'll go with your suggestion and remove them. Thanks!

    Leave a comment:


  • Matt in Houston
    replied
    Looks great!

    One suggestion, you could easily remove the grey plastic vent tabs on the filter tubes...they just snap right off. Then your background will be all black and no more unsightly grey tabs showing.

    Leave a comment:


  • sountfc
    replied
    Isn't that funny? That was my "test subject". I had tested the water several times, and was under the assumption that the rocks were completely inert, but I decided to err on the side of caution. He's got some neighbors now, so we'll take some more pictures today and post those.

    Leave a comment:


  • sountfc
    replied
    It is black. I took the recommendation for Krylon Fusion, I think a can is $4.25 at Home Depot. Just be meticulous about the taping, and it is very easy to do. I am quite happy with the results.

    Leave a comment:


  • algarciajr
    replied
    Originally posted by sountfc View Post
    As you see, it still needs to be cleaned up a bit. The rocks were acquired at Alamo Stone, and I hit them with the pressure washer to clean them off before they went into the tank.
    What color did you decide on, is it black? I am thinking about spray painting one of my smaller tanks to see how it would look?

    Leave a comment:


  • cichlid1409
    replied
    looks good, love the rocks. lol, that one fish in that huge tank.

    Leave a comment:


  • sountfc
    replied
    100_1780..jpg100_1760..jpg100_1796..jpg100_1792..jpg100_1770..jpg100_1784..jpg

    As you see, it still needs to be cleaned up a bit. The rocks were acquired at Alamo Stone, and I hit them with the pressure washer to clean them off before they went into the tank.

    Leave a comment:


  • sountfc
    replied
    Absolutely. It's still a work in progress, as right now it's got sand for substrate and a couple of HOB filters. I suppose I should take pictures before I do anything else, as opposed to just when it's finished. This weekend I'd like to take care of the aquascaping and add some more filtration, then maybe within a week or two begin adding in fish. I'd also like to upgrade the lighting.

    Leave a comment:


  • cichlid1409
    replied
    Originally posted by algarciajr View Post
    Will you be posting pics?

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X