Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yellow Lab Fry question

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Yellow Lab Fry question

    I was wondering when is it ok or safe to put the babies into the tank with other africans such as : yellow/blue/white lab adults, some peacoks adults, zebras....
    They are about 1-1.5 inch, or at least 8 are...
    [img][/img]
    [img][/img]

  • #2
    Re: Yellow Lab Fry question

    I put them together with adults at 1.5" with no problems. Rescape when you add the new fish. It all depends on your other fish and how aggressive they are/ how big the tank is/ how many are already in the tank/ etc. In short, there is no way to say 100% for certain. I take all decorations out and do a water change when I add new fish. I think it helps. Keeping the light off for a while after introduction of the new fish helps as well.
    Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
    Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
    Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
    Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Yellow Lab Fry question

      i added my 6 exasperatus fry (~1.5") last week to the main tank where i have adult red zebras, yellow labs, convicts etc. and they have been fine, in fact the adults pretty much ignore the fries. i did do a rescape and water change at the same time as well, but i am sure, as in with most cichlid/fish things, it all depends on the combination and actual fish
      65 gallon - ADA 120p - planted
      55 gallon - AGA standard - mix cichlid
      30 gallon tall - eclipse acrylic - semi-planted

      live and let live

      Comment

      Working...
      X