Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newb: Petro Macro Green Question

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Newb: Petro Macro Green Question

    those green macro are not easy to keep newb. 4 dead,.

  • #2
    Water condition or aggression?
    I ate my fish that died.

    Comment


    • #3
      pm me in detail how your keeping them...I'll let you know if you are doing something wrong. I never lost one other than the little guy that the Vortech sucked up.
      250gallon-Wild Angels, community

      Comment


      • #4
        I've kept small petro before, but these little guy acting weird. All of them will just swim on top of the water instead of middle or on the bottlem. The nine i have left seem to be doing better. I guess the trip was kinna long and they get a little abused by other fish.

        Comment


        • #5
          isolation my be the key...they were living in my 240gallon with all the trophs and adult petros no problem.
          250gallon-Wild Angels, community

          Comment


          • #6
            What tank size they in now?

            What other fishes in the tank?

            Sorry to bug, just trying to build up info on these fish for my article.
            I ate my fish that died.

            Comment


            • #7
              I have these fish in a 125 gallons tank with a group of tropheus and some other petrochromis and one after one they just start to die off. They swim on top of the tank most of the time. The filter is great i used two eheim and a wet/dry filter. They do eat small pellets. Not a sign of bloat. I just removed them to a 20 gallons tank. Hopefully they will get better. Only 7 left out of 13, and this only been one week.

              Comment


              • #8
                13 of those guys in a 125g is the problem IMO.
                25g - Reef
                3.5g - Surge Tank
                10g - Ichthyophthirius multifilis breeding colony

                Comment


                • #9
                  they are small only 1.5 inch or so. But i took the remainder and put them in a 20 gallons tank.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    oh ok. thought we were talking about adults, sorry.

                    no signs of aggression from the other fish in the tank? after adding them to a tank with fish and they hang out at the top sounds like aggression. hope they do better in the 20g.
                    25g - Reef
                    3.5g - Surge Tank
                    10g - Ichthyophthirius multifilis breeding colony

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I got the even smaller Macro's from Newb yesterday. I have them alone in fry tank and mine are all doing well. Eating like pigs. I too was a bit concerned about traveling across town with small fry. I brought a small battery air pump with me and they never showed and sort of stress? I think the transfer to the 20 gallon tank is a wise one. Good luck, hate for you to have to lose any more of these cool fish!









                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I keep my personal collection of frys in my display tank. I have no issue.

                        I have came across this problem before with my f1 ilangi colony. I just floated fake plants and in about two weeks they was back down in the rocks.
                        I ate my fish that died.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X