Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pic of my current bass tank at home.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Pic of my current bass tank at home.

    This is my 300gallon tank at home. I will be making some tweaks as far as livestock very soon but for now this is how it sits.

    250gallon-Wild Angels, community

  • #2
    what other fishies do you have in there?
    700g Mini-Monster tank

    Comment


    • #3
      1 large mouth, a few longears, spotted sunfish, a blue gill, spotted far, tilapia, atabapo pike, little bullhead catfish, and a few polypterus. I'm gonna remove quite a few of the perch and the large mouth cause I'm switching to pbass.
      250gallon-Wild Angels, community

      Comment


      • #4
        Nice. What's the dimensions?
        Resident fish bum
        330G FOWLR
        34G Reef
        330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
        28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
        Treasurer, GHAC

        Comment


        • #5
          Standard 300. 8x2x30". I'm gonna upgrade if I ever move out of this damn apartment!
          250gallon-Wild Angels, community

          Comment


          • #6
            wish i had a 300!

            is that wires from your lights in the front??

            the bass dont mess up the plants?

            Comment


            • #7
              Yes the wires are there. Temporary lights till my quality LEDs come in. I didn't want to do all the wiring just to remove them. And no, they don't mess with the plants at all. They actually colored up way better with them.
              250gallon-Wild Angels, community

              Comment


              • #8
                That gar looks like it would put a hurting on my trophs!

                )
                700g Mini-Monster tank

                Comment


                • #9
                  You started in the right direction but in my opinion, there isn't a "visual flow". The left side has really nice driftwood but the right doesn't. I would add lots of the tall plants on the right and left to add depth and take out a bunch of the rocks. There are too many and too many mismatched ones. The bright green plant in the center cuts the tank in half and blocks the flow. If you use real small plants and grasses in the front it will add that depth effect that i think is crucial in aquascaping. This is just my personal opinion and in no way coming from a bad place.
                  If it ain't wild caught
                  You ain't doing it right

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I didn't even pay attention to the scape LoL

                    if we are going to critique it... I think it needs to be torn down and start over. tank looks really symmetrical
                    700g Mini-Monster tank

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      and having the wires from the lights split the tank further accentuates that.
                      700g Mini-Monster tank

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I love the tank. It's really nice
                        210gPetrochromis Macrognatus Green 'Nsumbu
                        125g Mdoka White Lip

                        "Success is the willingness to fail"

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          picture no worky for me
                          Mentally Challenged

                          My Flickr

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by sunkenmetal View Post
                            picture no worky for me
                            +1
                            Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
                            Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
                            Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
                            Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              That's interesting. Yesterday it worked. Actually wasn't even a link, picture was already up. Now it's invalid.
                              210gPetrochromis Macrognatus Green 'Nsumbu
                              125g Mdoka White Lip

                              "Success is the willingness to fail"

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X