Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GHAC June Meeting 6/20/09

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mzungu
    replied
    Posted a WTB in the Market, but I'm looking for some Whisper 20s and 30s to buy, if someone has some and would like to bring them to the meeting. :)

    Sell, Trade, Want or Need Fish, Plants, Corals, Inverts, etc. If it's alive, post it here.

    Leave a comment:


  • armthehomeless
    replied
    I have a small BBQ pit if somone wants to swing by and pick it up.

    Hey Mike!

    Leave a comment:


  • Tiapan
    replied
    im so excited and i just cant hide it, im about to lose control and i think i like it, i like it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Oldsgirl
    replied
    Originally posted by MikeWhoTruong View Post
    I miss my friends... I'm gonna try to make this one.

    I see many of the frequent members haven't posted if they are going or not. Am I missing something???
    I guess they don't like me

    Here are directions:
    4106 Whirlaway Dr, Pasadena, TX, 77503
    My cell: 713-398-8229
    Google Maps:


    Coming from downtown/45 heading south

    -Exit BW8 and go East (left)
    -Go through the toll booth, and after 4 or so Exits, exit for Pasadena Blvsd/Red Bluff Rd. (**NOT Genoa Red Bluff, which is one of the first exits once you're on the BW- be sure you go through one toll booth!)
    -Try to get over to the right as soon as you're on the feeder rd and go right at the first light (by the movie theatre) onto Pasadena Blvd. (If you can't get over, it's no big deal- just go right at the next light (Red Bluff) then take the first left onto Pasadena Blvd and you're back on track)
    -go to the 2nd stop light and turn left. It is to the left of Hobby Lobby, and there is a new gas station on the corner. ***DO not pull past the white line while you're waiting to turn here- if you do, you will be in the oncoming traffic's lane!! Wait back until you can make the turn.
    -Take the 2nd left onto Whirlaway Dr.
    -up ahead, you will see that the road makes a 90* turn to the right. My house is pretty much straight ahead as you're coming down the block, it's on the outisde of the turn and has a big tree in the front yard. #4106 -you can look at the Google Street View if it helps. Park in the driveway or the street, but there's a fire hydrant on the inside corner, so don't block it in or park too close.

    If it's hot, I'd imagine we'll be inside most of the time,but you might want to throw some of those fold up chairs in your car, in case there's not enough seating outside.

    I guess I better go clean up the house a little )
    Last edited by Oldsgirl; 06-20-2009, 08:26 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Nickintex
    replied
    Originally posted by MikeWhoTruong View Post
    I miss my friends... I'm gonna try to make this one.

    I see many of the frequent members haven't posted if they are going or not. Am I missing something???
    Mike Who?

    Leave a comment:


  • Zulaab
    replied
    Originally posted by Oldsgirl View Post
    As for cooking- I have a smoker/grill thing, but it's really more of a smoker, so it takes longer to get coals going in it. and it's not terribly big (it's one of the ones that can go ont he back of the truck). I don't have my truck (my brother borrowed it and has it up in Austin) otherwise I was going to look into buying a gas grill or something this week, so it would be easier to cook on. Long story short- you can grill on it, but it's kind of tricky, because it's not very evenly heated, and it takes a while to get going.
    Hey Oldsgirl.. call Raul, and see if he can drag his from his house over to your house.. since you guys live like 3 blocks apart !!

    Leave a comment:


  • MikeWhoTruong
    replied
    I miss my friends... I'm gonna try to make this one.

    I see many of the frequent members haven't posted if they are going or not. Am I missing something???

    Leave a comment:


  • Oldsgirl
    replied
    As for cooking- I have a smoker/grill thing, but it's really more of a smoker, so it takes longer to get coals going in it. and it's not terribly big (it's one of the ones that can go ont he back of the truck). I don't have my truck (my brother borrowed it and has it up in Austin) otherwise I was going to look into buying a gas grill or something this week, so it would be easier to cook on. Long story short- you can grill on it, but it's kind of tricky, because it's not very evenly heated, and it takes a while to get going.

    Leave a comment:


  • imjustme
    replied
    OK I'm in. Probably gonna bring my husband with me. I will bring watergate salad- it's a dessert.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mzungu
    replied
    Well, the meeting doesn't last an HOUR, usually. Elections are coming up, and that might take longer, but we usually aim for about a 15 minute meeting, then the "event," which is either a raffle or a mini-auction, takes place. Its length depends on how many items are brought. Then on to the festivities! You can look at photos of our past meetings at www.myghac.org. So much fun! Anyone is welcome - you don't have to be a member. We have also had a few people attend who don't even keep fish!

    Leave a comment:


  • Zulaab
    replied
    You should come. GHAC meetings are a lot of fun. In short, a bunch of fish nerds gather once a month to hang out together, talk and see old friends. We usually have a cook out where people bring food and we grill. The meeting itself lasts about an hour, and then after that we just hang and sit and talk. Many of these little gatherings have lasted past midnight, but the meeting part is usually over by 8pm when people start wanting to eat, drink and talk about fish :)

    Leave a comment:


  • Nickintex
    replied
    Originally posted by Tiapan View Post
    im with James, not so much dressin up, though i do say i look great cleaned up lol
    So you taking a shower before this meeting then?

    Leave a comment:


  • imjustme
    replied
    I have never been to a meeting. What goes on? I just had emergency surgery so I am sore now, but should be alot better by this weekend.

    Leave a comment:


  • SteveCGG
    replied
    Even if I still had the brown leisure suit with silk shirt and platform shoes , there is no way I could ever fit into it again

    Leave a comment:


  • Tiapan
    replied
    im with James, not so much dressin up, though i do say i look great cleaned up lol

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X