Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Midwest Betta Club show

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • PhishPhreek
    replied
    Traditionally, choclate bettas have had a rich brown body and yellow fins.

    I crossed an orange and chocolage/orange hybred to get this color.
    The chocolate body is dominant but the orange fins are recessive.

    Leave a comment:


  • FuzzyDragon09
    replied
    Oh very pretty! Is the chocolate color hard to make?

    Leave a comment:


  • fishboyt
    replied
    He's purtty.

    Leave a comment:


  • PhishPhreek
    replied
    Originally posted by FuzzyDragon09 View Post
    Your bettas sound gorgeous! I'm intrigued by these chocolates. Could you post pictures of the siblings to your winning bettas? Please? Awesome!
    This is one of the smaller males, but he is my favorite.
    Sorry that the picture is too dark.


    Leave a comment:


  • PhishPhreek
    replied
    Newspaper report on the show


    Best of Show Male


    Best of Show Female

    Leave a comment:


  • FuzzyDragon09
    replied
    Originally posted by PhishPhreek View Post
    In previous years I sent my very best bettas to the shows and had them returned to me after the show. With a show every other weekend, my bettas spent more time in the air than in the water and the schedule cost me some of my best fish.

    Now I ship #3 &#4 to the show and auction them off after the show to pay expenses. (I keep #1 & #2 home safe to make more bettas) I actually kept the 12 best from each spawn because there are 4 shows and the convention in DFW this june.

    The light bodied bi-colors are orange cambodians - white body and orange fins.
    the dark bodied bi-colors are my new color (orange chocolates) a dark chocolate body with orange fins. I also entered some pineapples, yellow with black outlines on their body scales like a pineapple.
    My opaque winners, I'm sure you've seen, they are a snow white
    and for the butterfly class I sent an assortment. (butterfly patern is the fins half one color and half another) One blue body, blue & white fins, one red body, red & black fins, one chocolate body, orange & black fins.
    The winning Double-Tail paterened female was a Black marble butterfly with white tipped fins. Half sister to my orange chocolates and mother to my most recent spawn of double-tails.
    That's a pretty smart plan. At first I thought you got them shipped back to you, then I thought that maybe it would be too costly. Your bettas sound gorgeous! I'm intrigued by these chocolates. Could you post pictures of the siblings to your winning bettas? Please?

    Originally posted by PhishPhreek View Post
    FYI -
    I am now the #11 ranked breeder in the US - but I plan on moving up on the 18th at the MOBB show. I wanna be in the top 10

    http://www.pcez.com/~bettaguy/A1GCtop20.html
    Awesome!

    Leave a comment:


  • fishboyt
    replied
    Originally posted by phishphreek View Post
    fyi -
    i am now the #11 ranked breeder in the us - but i plan on moving up on the 18th at the mobb show. I wanna be in the top 10

    http://www.pcez.com/~bettaguy/a1gctop20.html

    sweet!

    Leave a comment:


  • PhishPhreek
    replied
    FYI -
    I am now the #11 ranked breeder in the US - but I plan on moving up on the 18th at the MOBB show. I wanna be in the top 10

    http://www.pcez.com/~bettaguy/A1GCtop20.html

    Leave a comment:


  • PhishPhreek
    replied
    Originally posted by FuzzyDragon09 View Post
    Very cool! Congrats! Do you have pics of the kinds of Bettas you entered? Could you give us an idea of what they looked like? I imagine you don't have the ones you entered. Btw where do they go after the show?
    In previous years I sent my very best bettas to the shows and had them returned to me after the show. With a show every other weekend, my bettas spent more time in the air than in the water and the schedule cost me some of my best fish.

    Now I ship #3 &#4 to the show and auction them off after the show to pay expenses. (I keep #1 & #2 home safe to make more bettas) I actually kept the 12 best from each spawn because there are 4 shows and the convention in DFW this june.

    The light bodied bi-colors are orange cambodians - white body and orange fins.
    the dark bodied bi-colors are my new color (orange chocolates) a dark chocolate body with orange fins. I also entered some pineapples, yellow with black outlines on their body scales like a pineapple.
    My opaque winners, I'm sure you've seen, they are a snow white
    and for the butterfly class I sent an assortment. (butterfly patern is the fins half one color and half another) One blue body, blue & white fins, one red body, red & black fins, one chocolate body, orange & black fins.
    The winning Double-Tail paterened female was a Black marble butterfly with white tipped fins. Half sister to my orange chocolates and mother to my most recent spawn of double-tails.

    Leave a comment:


  • Fire_chair
    replied
    Congrats

    Leave a comment:


  • FuzzyDragon09
    replied
    Very cool! Congrats! Do you have pics of the kinds of Bettas you entered? Could you give us an idea of what they looked like? I imagine you don't have the ones you entered. Btw where do they go after the show?

    Leave a comment:


  • fishboyt
    replied
    Sweet! Congrats!

    Leave a comment:


  • PhishPhreek
    replied
    Results have been posted
    312 fish entered
    I won best of Division D & reserve best of division D (Bi-colors) with
    1st & 2nd in Light Bi-color males,
    3rd in light bi-color females
    1st in dark bi-color males.
    I also won
    1st & 2nd in butterfly males
    1st in double-tail patterned females
    2nd & 3rd with my white males
    3rd with one of my Dragon males

    Leave a comment:


  • Fire_chair
    replied
    Good luck, JR.

    Leave a comment:


  • fishboyt
    replied
    I wish I had some show bettas to send.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X