No announcement yet.

Two Great Shops on the North Side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since im the only dissatisfied customer that gave feedback you must be talking to me. Alex is rude. My seven year old son saw a snail and put his finger at the glass where it was. He then said "look daddy" and got my and Alex's attention. Alex the said "dont do that" and reached for my son's hand to remove it. I moved faster than him and got my son's hand first and removed it. My point is you cant be rude and intolerant to children. As far as your on crack comment goes. If you feel that im not allowed to have a opinion and want to talk about my crack problem in person then feel free to PM me so we can get together Bro.
    Last edited by Enin; 02-26-2011, 10:45 AM.
    10 Gallon (emergency tank)
    20 Gallon (emrgency tank)
    58 gallon ( Tetra, Platie, Cory)
    125 Gallon (Ikola)

Comment

Enin, the reason I said, "all you dissatisfied customers" and not "Enin, the only dissastified customer" was because there were two others on page one who gave negative comments. Two plus one is three, hence, "all you dissatisfied customers", and not "Enin, the only dissastified customer". I guess your own sense of self-importance made you think I was only talking to you. (By the way, when you watch the news, they are broadcasting and talking to millions and millions of people, not just you on your futon with your Ramen noodles.) Do you, a grown man, with a seven year old son, really want me to PM you so we can meet and you can beat me up? Really? I think you have made my point for me, that anyone who has a wholly negative opinion of these two stores must be on crack, i.e. have poor judgment. It's a good thing you have the reflexes of a highly trained Ninja, and were able to project your son from the same physcial harm that you would like to inflict on me. You are free to have as many opinions as you want, just as I am. My opinion is that yours is a poor one; A fact that you have corroborated for me. I've been threatened with bodily harm on many occasions in my life, and this by far has to be for the silliest reason yet. Good luck to you Bro. I'll pass on your offer to meet but, I'm sure I'll see you around, you will be the one giving me the finger as you cut me off on I-45.

Comment

Alex is one of the real people. Sometimes real people have their bad days...

Haven't been in a few months because it's a long way from me, but I've always thought of Ultimate as one of the top three stores in the Houston area.

Comment

Actually, I have been back to Ultimate several times in the last 4 months. And today I bought several Africans. Everyone was very helpful.

Comment

Ultimate Fish is literally down the street from me, so I'll stop by every once in a while to pick up supplies. As for fish, they don't stock too much of what I'm looking for, but I get surprised every now and then. This past weekend, they had amano shrimp for $1 cheaper than where I usually get them. I asked for a bulk discount, and was granted one. I even requested larger specimens since they were going in a discus tank and was happily obliged. Very friendly service from the young gentlemen that have been working there lately.

Fish R Us is a little further up from me, but one of the few options on the northside, so I'll stop by every now and then. They get a few neat oddballs every once in a while and their plant section is decent. They opened up a water gardening section a year or two ago that boast japanese koi, but haven't really been impressed with the quality, especially for the price. They also sport friendly service from the employees that work there.

Prices on dry goods aren't great in either places, but not criminal either (*cough* Aquarium World). Prices on livestock is probably fair, for what I'm looking for anyway. But I'd spend a couple of dollars in tolls and gas anyway to head southside. So yeah, two solid options.

Comment

OK, I have been a supporter of FishRUs for quite a while....but not any more!!!!!

My wife went there to buy me some fish for my birthday present. She doesn't know much about fish, but does know that I keep African cichlids from Lake Malawi. So instead of helping her get fish that will go well in my tank, they "help" her buy a mixed bag of fish that really don't go together. The told her that a pair of red jewels from west Africa, 4 tropheus Orange Bemba Flame from Lake Tanganyika, a pair of Obliquidens from Lake Victoria, and a Paratilapia Bleekeri from Madagascar would be just fine (not only together, but in with my other fish). I went by there to ask if I could bring them back for credit and he told me no. He also blamed my wife for wanting to buy fish instead of a gift certificate.
              I am done with FishRUs.....
              215g Malawi Peacocks and Mbuna
              180g Tropheus Ikola and Bemba and Clown Loaches
              58g Bristlenose breeding and grow out

Comment

Originally posted by SteveCGG View Post
                OK, I have been a supporter of FishRUs for quite a while....but not any more!!!!!

My wife went there to buy me some fish for my birthday present. She doesn't know much about fish, but does know that I keep African cichlids from Lake Malawi. So instead of helping her get fish that will go well in my tank, they "help" her buy a mixed bag of fish that really don't go together. The told her that a pair of red jewels from west Africa, 4 tropheus Orange Bemba Flame from Lake Tanganyika, a pair of Obliquidens from Lake Victoria, and a Paratilapia Bleekeri from Madagascar would be just fine (not only together, but in with my other fish). I went by there to ask if I could bring them back for credit and he told me no. He also blamed my wife for wanting to buy fish instead of a gift certificate.
                All I can say is "Wow" . . .
                Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
                Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
                Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
                Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

Double WOW

Comment

Originally posted by SteveCGG View Post

Kind of blows me away.

I was dealing with Jason when he was running retail out of a warehouse up on Aldine Bender. Use to get some great Tanganyikan stock from him.

Also use to run from Friendswood to his new store to get fish.

I've stopped in several times over the last two years. Looked around didn't buy and kept going.

He's way to smart to be doing something like this and acting like that.

With his smarts and connections he could be a major player and asset in the Houston Cichlid market.

What a shame hopefully he will maybe read some of this stuff and turn it around.

Go Tarhells.

Comment

everyone has a bad day. You never know. I have always found him very helpful.

Comment

Working...
                      X