City Pets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NO FISH FOR YOU!!!

Had to be said after the Sienfeld reference, figured I would be the Wise A$$ to do it
    120g - Tropheus Moorii Kambwimba
    180g - Petrochromis Macrognathus Dine/Tropheus Moorii Namansi I

"Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has not heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains"....Winston Churchill

"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence upon those who would do us harm"....Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Gene D View Post
      NO FISH FOR YOU!!!

Had to be said after the Sienfeld reference, figured I would be the Wise A$$ to do it
      Our Fishhouse
      Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine.

Comment

Originally posted by myjohnson View Post
        It's human to have a bad day. You been nice to everyone you meet or deal with your whole life?
        No, I haven't But...

I wouldn't compare my life to the way someone runs a business. I'll just say this, " I'm going to spend my money with a business that appreciate me as a paying customer" and leave it at that.

Thank you everyone for giving me your opinion.
        20gal. Neo.Brichardi fry
        30gal. Neo.Brichardi
        110gal. Eclectochromis Lobochilus Hertae

Comment

Originally posted by imagirlgeek View Post
          Nitty is allowed to be angry. You can't really compare the average person on an average day being nice (or not), to a business being rude to a customer. It's not the same thing.
          Don't get me wrong. I agree that Nitty has the right to be mad. Just trying to say that the world is to short to stay mad.

None of us or perfect. So forgive other people like you would like to be forgiven for your transgressions.
          I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Originally posted by nitty View Post
            No, I haven't But...

I wouldn't compare my life to the way someone runs a business. I'll just say this, " I'm going to spend my money with a business that appreciate me as a paying customer" and leave it at that.

Thank you everyone for giving me your opinion.
            I got you. It's your money and you spend it the way you want too. This is America.
            I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Originally posted by myjohnson View Post
              Don't get me wrong. I agree that Nitty has the right to be mad. Just trying to say that the world is to short to stay mad.

None of us or perfect. So forgive other people like you would like to be forgiven for your transgressions.
              I'm not mad, I'm more disappointed. I think their African cichlid prices are really low. I'm just a firm believer in courtesy when it comes to the work place.
              20gal. Neo.Brichardi fry
              30gal. Neo.Brichardi
              110gal. Eclectochromis Lobochilus Hertae

Comment

That sucks, I get mad love in City Pets. Every time I walk inside I'm always asked if I need help on anything. And for me to take my time on looking around. Not to mention most of the time I get discounts.

I know the "acne guy", that is just the way he is...Ignore that foo.

Comment

Maybe part of the problem has to do with where they are located. both times I went there they were swarmed with people. they are at a very busy intersection with a lot of on foot traffic in and out from what I saw. maybe they just don't know know who's browsing with no interest and who's really there to buy.
                  ‎Haiku's are easy
                  But sometimes they don't make sense
                  Refrigerator

Comment

there prices and selection were pretty good though. and they had a lot of good sized fish, not just juvies like a lot of places. that's why I wanted those damn loaches so much, lol.
                    ‎Haiku's are easy
                    But sometimes they don't make sense
                    Refrigerator

Comment

I always go there for light bulbs and supplies they are the lowest in town.

I've never purchased plants or fish. I'm real picky about live stock purchases and I typically go to fishland, fish gallery or HAW.

Comment

Originally posted by nitty View Post
                        I'm not mad, I'm more disappointed. I think their African cichlid prices are really low. I'm just a firm believer in courtesy when it comes to the work place.
                        I have had the same experience as you did at City pets, at aquarium world, is that place still open? the more you go in, and they see that you are not someone just spinning your wheels, and you spend money, they get better, that was the same way when i started going in there, but I have not been there in the better part of 4 years, as i got out of all of my fish for a while......will start going back, if i can ever get the time to adventure into houston again from out here in the woods....
                        Soon to have tanks up and going again!

Comment

I love City Pets... been going there since they were across the street.

I will agree that "Acne guy" is a ***** but I don't think I can remember the last time he wasn't. For the most part everyone else there is good peoples and like MJ postedd their prices are hard to beat and sometimes comparable to internet prices!
                          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Is this the city pets off 1960 and I 45??

FF

Comment

Never mind I found it over on the LFS map.

FF

Comment

I've been once, and the service was great. No complaints at all, and they had a good deal on the rare Horny Dwarf Gourami.
                                So many things can be a mystery, when all we're seeking is freedom...

Comment

Working...
                                X