Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Houston Aquarium Warehouse - a different view!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dan has also been very fair and generous with me also. I have learned a lot about the hobby from him. The only time I haven't recieved top priority service is when he is really busy, otherwise it has always been very pleasant and informative.
    Go to Heaven for the climate Hell for the company.

125g SA/CA
    125g Red Jewels, and mbuna
    90g Hex Angels, Tetras, and Cories
    55g Low Tech Planted. Guppies, Neon Tetras, Red Cherry Shrimp
    55g peacock pair
    45g Fry tank
    12g Hospital Tank
    75g Coming soon....Geos?

Comment

If my comments came across aggvessive, I'm sorry. I did not intend it to be. But the way MEN & Women resolve things of this nature is face to face. Don't dog someone out on a post. This is the last thing I will say on the subject, and as always is just M/O
      300 W/C Burundi
      210 W/C Moba/ Cyrtocara Moorii
      210 F1 Moba
      180 W/C Mpimbwe
      180 F1 Burundi

Comment

On the "Aqua Zoo Rocks" thread the word posse was used.

Comment

The one time I went I did feel that I was a little talked down to as well. But, as someone said earlier, people with vast knowledge on a subject can tend to do that. The only reason I didn't go back though is because he is kinda far from me. Pretty much everyone can agree that he has a quality shop with primo livestock, so maybe this can be a learning experience for the owner. But then again, this is a fee market economy, and we vote with our dollars. Not every aquarist can be an expert, and if he continues to do this then it will affect his sales. The guy who helped me, I'm assuming it was the owner, not sure though, was very knowledgeable, but when he realized I didn't know as much as him on the specific subject we were talking about, he did begin to speak to me kinda like a child.
          ‎Haiku's are easy
          But sometimes they don't make sense
          Refrigerator

Comment

Originally posted by mikeb144 View Post
            If you are a man you will go back, face Dan, and get the problem resolved.
            What if he's a woman?

Just kidding, just kidding.
            Experiencing an aquatic renaissance!

Comment

all, like i said, it was an unfortunate experience for me, it might as well be an outlier/isolated incident, i'm not here to pick a fight with anyone or prove my manliness or womanliness or prove my knowledge level (which is newbie at most) or even prove that dan or haw is bad, i personally had a bad experience and i wish i did not because as i said in my original post this place has low prices and good livestock and i wish i could go there and enjoy it, just did not work for me but i know most people have had great experiences as you guys have noted, there are always exceptions to the rule and there are always isolated incidents, i just happen to be in that situation, and yes - maybe the word "scam" was a bad choice of word on my part

once again, i am not here to pick a fight, just sharing my personal experience which just happens to be different than most others, no hard feelings on my part and i wish/hope the same of you guys
              Last edited by finfan; 03-26-2009, 04:51 PM.
              65 gallon - ADA 120p - planted
              55 gallon - AGA standard - mix cichlid
              30 gallon tall - eclipse acrylic - semi-planted

live and let live

Comment

Well, thats what this forum is for....feedback. Everyone cannot please everybody 100 percent of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonAquariumWarehouse View Post
                  I wish i can rectify any unhappiness you may have towards me. If i offended you in anyway..i truly appologize.
                  If i scammed you in anyway bring back the things that you purchased and i will give you back your money.

respectfully,
                  Daniel

Looks like there's been an offer to get things handled.
                  700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I would hope that I don’t come across as seeming “blindly in love with this place” as I have not been to HAW nor met Dan.

Originally posted by imagirlgeek View Post
                    As I stated in the beginning of the thread, no need to get aggressive.
                    I am posting this without aggression: :)

He is entitled to his opinion about the store.
                    It is fair to say that in your opinion and experience that some was rude, talking down to you. That is feedback and is welcomed.

If he prefers not to go into details, that's his right as well.
                    Yes, with regards to opinions this is true. But..... "his right"? As in free speech? That does not cover Defamation.

A serious accusation has been made and that is all together different from sharing an opinion. The accusation was that he was “scammed out of $100”. That, to be fair, needs to be backed up. What was the scam? What was the bargain and what was Dan's end of that bargain that he did not keep?

Such an accusation made in a public forum needs at least some backing information if not at least something that can be provided as evidence!

When speaking of "rights", remember that the accused has them too.

Comment

Originally posted by morphlizard View Post
                      I would hope that I don’t come across as seeming “blindly in love with this place” as I have not been to HAW nor met Dan.

I am posting this without aggression: :)

It is fair to say that in your opinion and experience that some was rude, talking down to you. That is feedback and is welcomed.

Yes, with regards to opinions this is true. But..... "his right"? As in free speech? That does not cover Defamation.

A serious accusation has been made and that is all together different from sharing an opinion. The accusation was that he was “scammed out of $100”. That, to be fair, needs to be backed up. What was the scam? What was the bargain and what was Dan's end of that bargain that he did not keep?

Such an accusation made in a public forum needs at least some backing information if not at least something that can be provided as evidence!

When speaking of "rights", remember that the accused has them too.

I think this thread hardly counts a "defamation". First of all, this is a court of public opinion, not law. None of us know what happened. If anything, he is showing discretion by NOT going into details. He said he recieved poor service and that he felt he was on the losing end of a bad financial transaction. He also said later that maybe scam was the wrong word to use. He also said that Dan had a good store with quality livestock. I've been to many different establishments that offered quality product but lousy customer service. We shouldn't demonize this guy just because he has an opinion that differs from the majority.
                      ‎Haiku's are easy
                      But sometimes they don't make sense
                      Refrigerator

Comment

I guess I have to learn to keep my mouth shut. I just want the ppl in to be successful in this hobby. Now I know why the other fishstore keeps their mouth shut. hehehe My offer still stands.
                        I will make it a point to be quiet unless asked. Thank you for the feedback. This definitely been a learning experience. I am new at this and i am learning a lot from everyone. Again Thank you.

sincerely,
                        daniel
                        Last edited by HoustonAquariumWarehouse; 03-26-2009, 08:22 PM.
                        Visit Houston Aquarium Warehouse in Stafford Texas 77477
                        www.houstonaquariumwarehouse.com

Comment

Dan, you better not keep your mouth shut when I come up there. I love looking at the fish, but I sure don't spend the 2 or more hours up there just for the fish. I enjoy the company and conversation most of all.
                          Our Fishhouse
                          Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine.

Comment

Dan,

do you carry CA cichlids? mainly looking for the aggressive ones.
                            fishless

Comment

I guess I have to learn to keep my mouth shut. I just want the ppl in to be successful in this hobby. Now I know why the other fishstore keeps their mouth shut. hehehe My offer still stands.
                              I will make it a point to be quiet unless asked. Thank you for the feedback. This definitely been a learning experience. I am new at this and i am learning a lot from everyone. Again Thank you.

sincerely,
                              daniel
                              Dan, you just have to lure us in first with free fish, and perhaps candy - then trap us with your verbal knowledge!
                              Experiencing an aquatic renaissance!

Comment

sincerely,
                                daniel
                                Daniel, Geno and I enjoy when you talk to us.
                                Sorry I was high on dayquil last time I saw you.
                                It was either that or cough and sneeze that day!
                                PLECOS SUCK!

https://www.facebook.com/NickInTex1970

Comment

Working...
                                X