No announcement yet.

Attn: Guy that drives black scion xb that came in the store today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Donnie thats a great story sorry you had to live it to tell it. You run a great store.

My wife is a manager at the HEB. They run down little hood rats over there too. When she was a store Manager For Kmart they had the same thing Target has undercover in store guy traned to do the Job of catching and prosecuting shoplifters.
    Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

Attn: Guy that drives black scion xb that came in the store today

Generally it's not illegal to detain a shoplifter. But most big stores have a blanket policy to not bother with them due to lawsuits and such. They just adjust the prices to cover loss.
      45G Cichlid and Turtle

Comment

Your a good guy Donnie and I'm sure it hurts more in the heart than it does in the wallet. Sorry to hear it and thanks for being here for 20 years.

Comment

Sorry to hear what happend Donnie just be careful when calling people out like that they might come back and do more damage like I have seen on some videos killing livestock and corals.

Comment

i have a feeling if someone tried to do that they would regret it. :)
            my fish house:
            2.5g- ramshorn hatchery
            6g eclipse- yellow shrimp, chili rasboras, yellow apple snails
            29g- geo grow-out, angels, 12"fire eel, dwarf frog, apple snails
            45g- jade sleeper gobies, native killifish, feeder endlers

75g-
            2 oscars, parrot, silver dollars, albino channel cat, syno euptera, bichir, baby jaguar, convicts, yabby
            125g- fahaka puffer, rainbow shark
            and about a dozen bettas....

Comment

I'm surprised I'm the first one to ask this especially considering what today is but... Why's the Scion gotta be Black? It can't be the dark Scion or the Scion with little wheels - it has to be the Black Scion?

(:
              Help support (C)atfish (A)nd (K)ool Pleco's, Houstons premier fish club.

David Seratt
              Co-President of CAK

Comment

That's the color of the car op describe , I don't think "dark" is a good description cause almost every color have different shades that can be dark .
                125 gal-P. Kachase,simochromis, vampire pleco,bn pleco,bulldog pleco

55 gal- Ilangis ,clown pleco,abn pleco,rubber lip pleco

55 gal-Canary cheek,Ikola,duboisi, and fry

10 gal -fry tank,snails

Comment

Re: Attn: Guy that drives black scion xb that came in the store today

(insert sarcasm here)

Sent from my spaceship using Tapatalk 2.

Comment

would that be a race car (d) getting pulled?
                    my fish house:
                    2.5g- ramshorn hatchery
                    6g eclipse- yellow shrimp, chili rasboras, yellow apple snails
                    29g- geo grow-out, angels, 12"fire eel, dwarf frog, apple snails
                    45g- jade sleeper gobies, native killifish, feeder endlers

75g-
                    2 oscars, parrot, silver dollars, albino channel cat, syno euptera, bichir, baby jaguar, convicts, yabby
                    125g- fahaka puffer, rainbow shark
                    and about a dozen bettas....

Comment

Having been in family owned small businesses most of my life, you see this a lot from employees, customers, delivery people. It happens, probably a lot more than you even realize. Chalk it up as a loss, jack up the prices on the rest of us, and move on. No real need for the theatrics you're seeing here.

Let's be realistic here, we're not in a small town. There are dozens of competitively priced fish stores. Theres Amazon and their free 2 day shipping. I really don't think much is being accomplished here, the guy probably doesn't even care.

Comment

But, isn't this Houston Drama Box? LOL!

And, I am 100% against Black Scion XB's! They make me hungry for toast.

Comment

It is shameful what they did, but I highly doubt anything more then a post count raise is getting done here.
                          You'd think this was odem, tx the way people are going on and on.
                          This person more then likely is not a member and even if he was he probably doesn't care.
                          It happens all the time, my uncles stores get robbed about twice a year, sometimes its small, $5-$10, sometimes its, $100's, its going to continue to happen.
                          Good luck, hopefully next time we can hunt them with pitch forks and torches
                          FRENCH FRY!!!

55g - Vieja Synspilum 'Biotope'

Comment

Originally posted by flipside View Post
                            But, isn't this Houston Drama Box? LOL!

And, I am 100% against Black Scion XB's! They make me hungry for toast.
                            Isn't this what toasters are for???
                            FRENCH FRY!!!

55g - Vieja Synspilum 'Biotope'

Comment

"Having been in family owned small businesses most of my life, you see this a lot from employees, customers, delivery people. It happens, probably a lot more than you even realize. Chalk it up as a loss, jack up the prices on the rest of us, and move on. No real need for the theatrics you're seeing here.

Let's be realistic here, we're not in a small town. There are dozens of competitively priced fish stores. Theres Amazon and their free 2 day shipping. I really don't think much is being accomplished here, the guy probably doesn't even care."

Digitallinh- I hate to tell it to you, but I disagree with your points. Yes it does happen, but this post is not for me to jack prices up. Yes, there are a lot of competitive priced stores here and amazon. But you have to remember, keeping fish is not a need for a lot of people. It is a luxury. If you can tell, being in a retail that sells perishable items that people do no eat, it is very tough. Raising prices will not help and with you bringing up amazon/other stores, if the prices were high here and cheaper somewhere else, who do you think would get the business. How would I survive. Smaller stores have less overhead, less employees, etc. Do you not see that for example: Best buy and of recent circuit city suffering at the moment. I made this post to call out the guy because I am pretty sure he is on here. More over, I did it to deter other thefts from people thinking about it. Before you speak, sometimes you need to see what is being accomplished. I am not mad, but need to speak up to tell you what I am trying to do. I try to think out all situations before I really reply because as you know, people take things differently. Now if you were at a corner store, margins are a lot higher already. They can withstand some theft, but hey, whatever a corner store has had to deal with, I have dealt with it. Remember, I have been doing this since I was five. I have seen lots but not all. You always try to deter what you can. As with Houston, it is big but people do shop around. You try to make your best impressions for people to come back. Btw, drama is never liked, but there will always be some. People love it (reality tv)

Thanks.
                              Donnie

Comment

I should also take this time to point out.. If your fish become ill... Amazon really doesn't care and they have no advice or customer service for such instances.
                                Help support (C)atfish (A)nd (K)ool Pleco's, Houstons premier fish club.

David Seratt
                                Co-President of CAK

Comment

Working...
                                X