No announcement yet.

Attn: Guy that drives black scion xb that came in the store today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

moganman, as usual we disagree. unfortunately, in our lovely state of texas, the rules are as follows...
    (this only applies to stores in a "strip" where the parking lot is mutual property.)

1- an item is not considered stolen until the person has left the store with it.
    2- once the person has crossed the threshold of the doorway, they are off the property and the store staff have no ability to stop the person with the items.
    3- all that can be done is this, if you see someone conceal the item, a store associate must keep the "suspect" in their line of sight at all times while another associate calls the police. at no time may anyone touch the "suspect" or attempt to restrain them. if they do leave the store, you can only try to get the liscence plates of their vehicle to report to the authorities.

this was a BIG DEAL at petco, as we had no security systems of any type, no cameras, no magnetic beepy things at the doors, nothing.
    my fish house:
    2.5g- ramshorn hatchery
    6g eclipse- yellow shrimp, chili rasboras, yellow apple snails
    29g- geo grow-out, angels, 12"fire eel, dwarf frog, apple snails
    45g- jade sleeper gobies, native killifish, feeder endlers

75g-
    2 oscars, parrot, silver dollars, albino channel cat, syno euptera, bichir, baby jaguar, convicts, yabby
    125g- fahaka puffer, rainbow shark
    and about a dozen bettas....

Comment

Both of you are right. The big stores use ( in store security ) that can stop them out side. They can only hold the suspect.

Yep Donnie its a bad area but not really the worst. If it was the HEB would have already closed.
      Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

I'm telling you break out the whooping stick
        125g: Empty For Now
        90g: Planted S.A.

“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.”
        Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

Donnie I just wanted to make sure you knew my comment wasn't directed at you. It was for those that assume that just because he drove a scion XB that it must have been the member from here whether or not that person has some kind of prior history like this. It might very well be the person everyone thinks it was but without a name there is no way to know. I myself think you have done the right thing by not revealing his name if you even know it from his gift certificate.

Comment

Well I received a training on this and the target parking lot is considered target's property. The AP who is dressed as security has no right to touch or apprehend the suspect but I was told that the undercover AP people have every right to touch the person. I've seen it time after time. The undercover AP actually have the right to stop someone from stealing if they see them, just to avoid all of the legal stuff. And on Black Friday is the busiest day of the year for electronic thieves. NONE of them are arrested because management doesn't want the other customers to feel uncomfortable. As a consequence, they just retain the goods in question and ban the person from shopping. I'm not sure who owns the parking lot at city pets but target owns their parking lot and that's where everything happens. Outside of the doors. This isn't a debate on who's right or wrong. I'm just sharing some information on what I've witnessed and have been told by people who have degrees in criminal justice.
            210gPetrochromis Macrognatus Green 'Nsumbu
            125g Mdoka White Lip

"Success is the willingness to fail"

Comment

Ally, based on your words, store owners have absolutely no right to protect their merchandise. If stealing doesn't take place until the suspect walks out with the merchandise, then when is it ok to try to stop them if you can't do it inside the store? I'm not understanding what you disagree with. I'm not in anyway saying the owner can arrest the person. I'm saying they can hold them to prevent them from leaving.
              125g Mdoka White Lip

Comment

what if you put the stole item in your private area? Is the undercover "AP" gonna recover it outside in the parking lot? Man that will be AWKWARD lol
                175 tropheus Chaitika
                125 tropheus Ujiji
                90 tropheus Nkonde

Comment

but they can't. i agree that it makes no sense, but that is how it works. the store employee's hands are tied. even if i were to watch someone put an item in their purse, for example, i couldn't do anything except watch them like a hawk and follow them around while another manager called the police, and once they walked out the door, we couldn't follow them, because they were off our property. at no point could we accuse them of theft, and also at no point could anyone touch them. if we did, we could be sued for either harassment or assault.
                  my fish house:
                  2.5g- ramshorn hatchery

75g-
                  2 oscars, parrot, silver dollars, albino channel cat, syno euptera, bichir, baby jaguar, convicts, yabby

Comment

This is so false Ally. Not sure where you get your info from. The APs at target must be breaking all of the laws.
                    125g Mdoka White Lip

Comment

apparently they are. you can't tell me it's false when i've been a manager at a couple different stores where the rules were always the same. it's the f-ing law here in texas. deal with it. your "AP" guys are gonna end up getting sued.
                      my fish house:
                      2.5g- ramshorn hatchery

75g-

Comment

Maybe there's a certification program through the state for assets protection employees. I'm an ordinary employee so if I see someone stealing I can't personally do anything but the AP can. Maybe that's the difference.
                        125g Mdoka White Lip

Comment

Hmmmm
                          125g: Empty For Now
                          90g: Planted S.A.

“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.”
                          Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

Asset protection and loss prevention type people have different rules that they have to abide by. They are actually allowed to approach "suspects". But not everyone store keeps one on staff at all times, and if one isn't on staff, it doesn't make the manager able to do so. AP/LP go through special training to allow them to do so

Comment

Wow, it really depends on the situation on how the company has the protocals that they use. I have learned throughout the years many different ways. The only time I have ever went after somebody was when 8 and 12 year old kids hid in the store until we all left. They proceeded to break the windows and cart thousands of dollars of live animals home. While they were doing their acts, the alarm company called and I was pulling up when they were about to leave. I ran ten blocks that day because I went next door to tell my friends to call the cops and look after my car. About ten blocks in, I saw them both and grabbed them. Proceeded to carry the young one back to the store next door and let the older one get away. This was before we had cameras, bars, bright light throughout the store at night, cameras being accessed through phones, etc. That was a crazy experience, but if I had to do it again, I probably would not chase them. As for putting stuff in private parts, it has happened when a guy stuffed a parrot inside his crotch area. My uncle chased him and cornered him. Just then, HPD pulled up and arrested the guy, but he got bit in the crotch by a parrot. There are so many stories, but these are the best and funnier ones I had to deal with. No need to argue, you can do what you want, but it is true- you can be sued if you rough up the person. That is why you let them hit you first and then proceed to hit back. Stuff like this happens, best way is don't allow them back in to me.

Donnie

Comment

Wow stuff a parrot in the crotch thats funny got what he deserved birdie must have thought hey look at that worm im hungry CHOMP

Comment

Working...
                                X