Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

100G Aggro CA/SA Build (Photo intensive)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 100G Aggro CA/SA Build (Photo intensive)

    When I first got into the hobby, I wanted to start with an aggressive and colorful fish because before I got into the hobby, majority of the tanks I saw were trophs, trophs, trophs... oh and petros. I decided to not go the route so many people have went, so I started looking up all kinds of fish that matched "aggressive and colorful" and came across several CA/SA fish. I was planning on doing a CA/SA theme tank but I picked up some other oddballs that caught my attention. I only found three aggro CA/SA fish and a bunch of dithers but I'm still searching for more that I like. Eventually my tank will be a true aggro CA/SA theme, but for now the stockpile is going to be all of my fish I have accumulated. I just picked up my new set up Tuesday and I just started with the cleaning process Wednesday. Thursday and Friday I finished repairing the stand. Today I repainted the trim, stand and also painted the back of the tank. Only thing left is to paint the overflow box and add water! I will post pics later, but I posted up several pics and vids of my fish in a much smaller tank here; the fish are also listed in my sig.
    Last edited by mistahoo; 11-15-2012, 12:21 AM.

  • #2


    Before I touched anything. I wasn't planning on making a thread so I didn't take any "before" shots except this one

    Comment


    • #3
      Stand was falling apart and had a lot of water damage on the bottom, so I put screws in to reinforce, I filled all the holes and craters with wood filler, and I sanded it all down after it dried

      Comment


      • #4

        Comment


        • #5


          Tank after being painted and cleaned. Brace is still a bit dirty but way cleaner than it was at first. There was a lot of dead algae covering the entire brace

          Comment


          • #6

            Comment


            • #7


              Stand and trim were an oak color and as mentioned before, extreme water damage to the bottom of the stand. Half of the 2x4 was rotted with water damage

              Comment


              • #8
                Looks nice. What's your eta on setup.
                ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

                Comment


                • #9
                  Well I got it Tuesday night and I was busy during the day on Wednesday/Thursday. It should have been done by Friday if it had not been for that. ETA on setup and running should be Sunday and Monday at the latest.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I forgot I still need to paint the top of the stand, but that won't take long. I'm still waiting on the bottom and the rest of the stand to dry

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Sounds great. Tank 60"x18x22/24"?
                      ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Also forgot I need to paint the overflow box and let it cure...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by mistahoo View Post
                          Also forgot I need to paint the overflow box and let it cure...
                          Sounds like you might needs a list. Hahahaha!
                          ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by barrettsline View Post
                            Sounds great. Tank 60"x18x22/24"?
                            Didn't measure it, but it is indeed a 5 footer

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by barrettsline View Post
                              Sounds like you might needs a list. Hahahaha!
                              it's just painting the top of the stand and inside of the overflow box. Already did a deep clean on the w/d filter and pump

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X