June Meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• June Meeting

Heads up! Our June Meeting will be on the 25th in downtown Houston. I think the place is called Star Pizza...I'll confirm and repost here when I know for sure (it's been some time since I've been there). I'll also post the address (it's off Hwy 59 near Buffalo Speedway).

Anyway, it will be an informal meeting. We can chitchat, visit, plant swap, talk about the lastest goings-on in our tanks. We'll meet at 1:00 as usual and if you want to eat, bring your own $$. I'll be eating there (they have wonderful pizza) and we can split a large order up between whoever wants to do that.

Confirmation and more details to come...

-Dave
    Houston Area Aquatic Plant Society
    Also follow us on Facebook and APC

It is Star Pizza. I'm going to try to make it.
    Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
    Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
    Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
    Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

Is this members only? I will be in the area...

Comment

This is not a members only meeting. Anyone is welcome (and you can join or just visit and find out some information). :)

Okay, it IS Star Pizza, as armthehomeless stated, and it's the one on Norfolk (Near 59 and Shepherd). Here is the website with address and directions:

Meet at 1:00. One thing I'd like to bring up, and remind me in case I forget, is HAAPS "Executive Board". Kevin and I set up the structure with a "Board" to prevent the club from dissolving when/if we leave. I'd like to get feedback on interest in being a "Board Member". We need at least 3 persons.

I can bring a Riccia mat if anyone needs that, but I warn you that is has some little baby trumpet snails in it. If you don't like those snails, you'll have to treat it (and peroxide will not work on snails without also killing the Riccia).

I could use a fast/colorful stem plant if anyone has something they need to trim out.

-Dave
        Last edited by davemonkey; 06-12-2011, 10:01 PM.

Comment

MMMMMM....star pizza....

I will try to make it but this month seems to be super crazy. hope to see ya'll there.
          Houston Areas Aquatic Plant Society

Comment

Kevin, if you can make it let me know. I have some Anubias I can trim out to give you for your 75.

Comment

Hey dave, what type of stem plant are you looking for. I have wisteria coming out of my ears

Comment

Originally posted by Tetranerd View Post
                Hey dave, what type of stem plant are you looking for. I have wisteria coming out of my ears
                Wisteria would be fine. I just need something temporarily (maybe a month) while my tank heals from a too-heavy thinning out.

Comment

I am likely to have left over subwassertang. I could use some plants for my tank (all that is currently in it is subwassertang...)

Comment

I will TRY to make it. I gave away a basketball size hunk a few weeks back. So I should have some ready.

Comment

Hope to see many tomorrow at 1:00 at Star Pizza. For those who have not met me yet, I'll be wearing a black back-pack.

See ya!

-Dave

Comment

I wound up bringing home more plants than I came with...and some ferts to boot. :)
                        It was nice to have a relaxing informal meeting and the food was GREAT! I forgot how good their pizza is...it's been well over 2 years since I've been there. We did finally get a 3rd "Board Member", so the club can actually start making decisions now as things pop up.

Thanks to all who attended. :)

Comment

Another out of town meeting, 'sorry I could not attend again. I need some variety for my tank too, I might have been able to use some plants. I've more trips schedule in July, so I'll probably miss that one too unless it is before the 11th.

I do appreciate that Houston has the club, and plenty of places to purchase plants, or anything considered nice/high tech.... I am here in Doha, Qatar on business, and there are no stores like we are accustomed to. In this city I've managed to find reference to a couple of shops no better than Walmart. There were a couple of high tech stores in the past, but they've gone out of business, no support I guess. It's hard to keep filling the tank here, water is treasured, and the evaporation rate is high. One shop had the Do!Aqua and ADA products, but like I said, it is nowhere to be found, phones don't work, and building empty. :^(. Fishkeeping in the Middle East is not a popular hobby.

Comment

Working...
                          X