150g for Suki the Fahaka- updated pics 1/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 150g for Suki the Fahaka- updated pics 1/14

Roy (mnemenoi) and I are finally upgrading Suki's tank. We got it in the house and set this evening. Yay! I am so pleased with this tank, I can't stop staring at it. I am also pleased with myself I was able to help him get it in the house without crapping my guts- this tank is heavy. Heavy. For realz heavy.
    We love the dimensions and are stoked to get it up and running!

Progress will be updated here, it may all take awhile...

So here's what we have now:

150g "tall"- 4' x 2' x 3'.

Lights- a 4 x 65w 12000k PC with moonlights.

Plans:

We are planning on a 2262 Eheim, and eventually moving over the smaller of the 2 we have running on her tank now, the 2215. As well as her little powerhead with the sponge pre-filter. Hopefully that will be enough...thoughts, fahaka keepers?

We're going to get some PFS, look for some stone/wood for hardscape, and start gathering more plants. Probably filling it in the next couple days, and starting the cycle with a AC 110/seasoned media, and Stability.

And on to the pics!

Trying it out with the light it came with, 2 actinic and 2 "daylight" T5's.

Kiddo and mRoy for scale:

Our stone that was "too big" for Suki's current tank, since she's growing like a weed...looks like a nano chip in here. After we put on the new lights, listed above. We like these much better.

Side view.

So, we'll keep you updated!
    Last edited by LooksLater; 01-22-2014, 08:39 PM.
    "I think that God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability." -Oscar Wilde

Re: 150g Build Thread for Suki the Fahaka

That's a real good start guys. Tank looks new, great find
    http://www.facebook.com/DAScolorado

Comment

Filtration seems sufficient, positioning of all the filters to maximize efficiency is probably gonna be the main dilemma.

I love those dimensions!
      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

tanks looks very nice, cant wait to see the upcoming progress
        175 tropheus Chaitika
        125 tropheus Ujiji
        90 tropheus Nkonde

Comment

Super clean tank lookin good
          Wc Canry Cheek, Lufubu

Comment

eeek!! :) very excited to see how this develops.. as a new fahaka fan.

:icon_jook: <--- me tonight.
            my fish house:
            2.5g- ramshorn hatchery
            6g eclipse- yellow shrimp, chili rasboras, yellow apple snails
            29g- geo grow-out, angels, 12"fire eel, dwarf frog, apple snails
            45g- jade sleeper gobies, native killifish, feeder endlers

75g-
            2 oscars, parrot, silver dollars, albino channel cat, syno euptera, bichir, baby jaguar, convicts, yabby
            125g- fahaka puffer, rainbow shark
            and about a dozen bettas....

Comment

Very nice tank. Looks brand spankin new!

Comment

Looks great, I'm sure that'll be one happy fahaka.
                20g mixed reef

Comment

Thanks, all! Yes, positioning the intakes/ output will be important...I'll have to fiddle with it a bit and try to get it right this time. Maybe a circulation pump if we end up with a dead spot?

Nothing like a brand spanking new tank! We got a killer deal on it.
                  "I think that God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability." -Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by LooksLater View Post
                    Nothing like a brand spanking new tank!
                    I agree!
                    20g mixed reef

Comment

It looks fantastic. Suki will be very happy.
                      Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

We had an exciting day, hunted down some gorgeous wood from ADG, finally checked out HAW, and met up with allysangels for some plants and manzanita.

After some scrubbing, drilling, and nudging this is what we came up with:

Tomorrow it's rinsing sand and figuring out rock and plant placement. Maybe filling.... we'll see!

Comment

whats the back side of that look like?

wondering what it would look like with the trunk piece in the back of the tank oppose to it being in front.
                          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Simple, but great! I'd be scared to use point driftwood for a puffer. Wouldn't want the puffer to hurt itself!

Comment

I think I know what you're saying, Quoc...but it's hard to see in the pics, the trunk piece has a nice hollow, and the long one curves back up for a small arc after the screw in the slate. Once the seiryu stone and PFS goes in, it'll balance out to the eye a little better. Make sense? I hate not being able to talk with my hands.

Mistahoo- she's pretty chill, and sharp as it looks, I don't think she'll hurt herself... There's sticks in africa.

Comment

Working...
                              X