Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pretty sure my guppies have Camallanus (Callamanus)? Not sure I’ve seen it spelled bo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pretty sure my guppies have Camallanus (Callamanus)? Not sure I’ve seen it spelled bo

C969E3C2-C34D-403A-AEA7-BA40232ECE18.jpg8D20AE87-AE15-41BE-A32A-68F993D1A33C.jpgUPDATE :
    We use tap water, I use seachem prime and stability (with new additions and large water changes and used it to set my son’s new tank up) I let the water sit in 5 gallon buckets when I do 20% water changes on my 36 gallon (every 6 weeks, my nitrates start to get close to 40PPM pretty much clockwork... I only have 8 small fish (6 danios and 2 pea puffers)

We got 4 baby guppies from a big boxed store, they gave them to us, in early August.. we used a 1.5 gallon tank (I know too small but it’s what we had) until we got my son a 10 gallon we acclimated them and used the water from my established tank (4 years) and added 1/4 new treated water for both the 1.5 and 10 gallon tank moves.

My last test (and virtually every water test (done with API test kit and occasionally strips in between)
    PH 6.4
    Ammonia 0 ppm
    NitrItes 0 ppm
    nitrAtes 0 ppm

I don’t have the KH or GH handy, but everything has always been as close to perfect as I have been able to get it.

I noticed early September one of the guppy’s looked pregnant (gravis spot) waited and waited nothing, my husband said they probably ate the fry, but she still looked like she had the spot... I am beating myself up for not realizing something was wrong sooner, they are still small, super small, and that spot has not gone away (although we do have 2 Fry which isn’t much when you’re talking about guppies but anyways I didn’t think anything of it until I got them in the 10 gallon tank I noticed little white skinny worms (I forget the name but they live in substrate and aren’t harmful but in the process of figuring that out I saw a picture of a guppy that looked like mine and it was all about callamanus worms. I haven’t seen any coming out of her,

Food is new, hikari Fry food and adult guppy food...

They aren’t acting sick, eating and swimming but I’m sick looking at her now... I have to save these fish my son is obsessed with his “babies”

I tried to copy and paste your questions... but I did the best from what I remembered...

They do listen to the music from trolls world tour quite frequently which is a mix... so they’re fans of many genres. ��

I’m trying to attach pictures

Anyone know where I can get Levamisole, Praziquantel or Fenbendazole near katy? I am going to go ahead and go get some general cure in hopes that it might help but wanted to see if anyone here has any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Cmgoble; 10-22-2020, 03:19 PM. Reason: Adding information from sticky notes at top
Working...
X