Eel tragedy ‘wave maker’

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eel tragedy ‘wave maker’

I now have 6 eels in my 55g planted. One of them sadly was killed last night by swimming into the hydor koralia pump. I have an idea I’m trying out, and I’m curious if anyone else has tried it or has a better suggestion. By putting a cut piece of pantyhose completely over the pump. I’m curious as to weather the pump will still work properly 3CA0C9FB-6A9F-4E3B-BE53-0654B306AD9E.jpg
    30G fowlr
    55G planted community
    30G corner Glo tank

Well the netting material is not what I was hoping for. The pump seems like it’s never at full power and you have to clean the material constantly, so for now I just took it out completely. I tried using a hatchery box with two pumps inside near the top corner of the tank. That lasted about five minutes until one of my loaches somehow swam right inside the box. I’m working on other ideas that includes pvc and plastic screenings but however and where ever I use this it’s going to be an eyesore. If anyone has tried any of these experiences I’d love to see or hear about it.
    30G fowlr
    55G planted community
    30G corner Glo tank

Comment

Instead of panty hose try netting with bigger holes, something similar to what would be at the end of a wide hole fish net... seems like it could work a bit better :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That’s a good idea, thanks. I have an old fish net that has holes in it that should do the trick. I also bought some powerhead/wave maker covers. They’re not for the pumps that o just bought because I couldn’t find covers for them but they’ll fit on the nano ones that I have. Only problem I see with them is the front is still open, but the fish net trick should fix that problem!
        30G fowlr
        55G planted community
        30G corner Glo tank

Comment

Working...
        X