Worm problem in a cycling tank?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worm problem in a cycling tank?

Okay so these don't look like planaria or detritus worms when I googled. Are these a problem? They look like they have antenna and maybe legs?

This is a cycling tank with no fish. It has some baby dwarf tears, Amazon swords, Java moss, and subwassertang.

It's almost done cycling so I would like to get this fish ready in the next few days. Yesterday the readings were no ammonia high nitrite.

Are these safe? Can fish eat them? I have another tank of tetrats I could possibly feed them to.

3rd picture is probably best.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

It also has driftwood I bought on Amazon and boiled for 2 hours.

Comment

Seriously no one could tell me these were mosquito larvae?!

Just turned up the bubbles so there's no still surface water to lay eggs.

Comment

I am not too confident on ID, but look to be Detritus worms, I have to look at some book marks each time I see something like this.

If Detritus, can be harmful to fish, I cant tell from pics if worms are flat (planeria - OK, too much food laying around) or Detritus (need to treat/get rid, may be bad to fish, too much O2, food, parms), so my nickel says to cut O2/bubblers, clean/WC, and read article to come to your own conclusion (bit long, but helpful).

Fish as Pets; news articles of interest to the aquarium, pond hobby. Including UV Sterilizers, Planaria, Columnaris, Amazon, PUR, Wonder Shell, Myths

Hope this helps...

Comment

Originally posted by jgldsh View Post
          I am not too confident on ID, but look to be Detritus worms, I have to look at some book marks each time I see something like this.

If Detritus, can be harmful to fish, I cant tell from pics if worms are flat (planeria - OK, too much food laying around) or Detritus (need to treat/get rid, may be bad to fish, too much O2, food, parms), so my nickel says to cut O2/bubblers, clean/WC, and read article to come to your own conclusion (bit long, but helpful).

Fish as Pets; news articles of interest to the aquarium, pond hobby. Including UV Sterilizers, Planaria, Columnaris, Amazon, PUR, Wonder Shell, Myths

Hope this helps...
          I ended up figuring out it is mosquito larvae. The sponge filter in 1 corner of the tank left the water still enough to where it attracted them. I added another sponge filter to keep the water moving. And I've been netting out the larvae and feeding to my other tank. Lol

Thanks though

Comment

Working...
          X