New 60 gallon stocking feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 60 gallon stocking feedback

New to the group and excited for some local feedback!

Upgrading my 20g to a 60g. New set up is pictured. Have an Anubias nana with >20 leaves I’ll be splitting up to add plants. Also gonna make an order with aquarium co-op for some more plants to fill in some more. Definitely not heavily planted but maybe moderate? Have an aquasky 2.0 for lighting. Marineland penguin 350 hot-rodded as per Cory recs. Looking for feedback and comments on my stocking list. Major problems or subs? Overstocked?
    pH 7.8, gH 9, 79.5 F

1x koi angel
    2x Bolivian rams (would really like GBR but never have been very fortunate with them)
    2x apisto cocatuoides
    10x neon tetras
    5x silver hatchets
    1x gourami (pearl, honey, or dwarf?)
    6x sterbai Cory
    Loach school? Khuli or other
    1x bristlenose

Also would snails and or shrimp be safe here?

Thanks and gig’em!
    Attached Files

Nice upgrade. Here are my 2 cents based on my experience only.
    Angel's are ok by themselves, but I would not get 1, alternatively, if you really want angels, get a group of 4 juvie's, grow them out, if pair forms, get rid of the other two or the other four should be ok together if they grow up together and pair does not form.
    Bolivian rams are a good choice
    Apisto's are good too
    Any hatchet fish ill jump, so unless you have a tight lid, I would skip, but ok if you have a tight lid
    Neon and corys are fine
    I would skip the gourami if you are getting the angels due to stocking levels, alternatively, if you are not getting angels, I would get a group of pearl gouramis
    1 BN pleco is good
    I would not do anything else, I think you are at max stocking level

Comment

Thanks! Appreciate the feedback. Was wondering if the site was dead? It doesn’t seem all that active sadly. Do you know if we have any local clubs? Also where do you go for your fish?

Comment

the site is kind of dead because of the various apps, there is a facebook group, I forget the name, I used to go to a lot of local spots, but now I mostly buy online, dan's fish (within getgills.com) is a good website, I have always had great fish from there

Comment

The Facebook group is Greater Houston Aquarium Club (GHAC) which is free to join & as a member provides you with access to discounts at various sponsor stores (all of the ones worth shopping at around town to be honest). The sales aspect of FB becoming more tightly monitored & controlled has pushed some activity back towards the forums but largely it has just gone into private-only groups which have to use some obtuse language to evade detection by the FB algorithms that will close groups if they feel their TOS are violated.

Comment

Thank you both. Actually found the Facebook group last night

Comment

Beautiful tank and best of luck

Comment

Working...
              X