Looking for Gardneri killi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Gardneri killi

My son would really like to get some Gardeneri killifish and attempt to breed them.

1) Does anyone know where we might find these for sale?

2) We have no experience with killifish, but have read that they are jumpers. For those of you who have experience with them, have you found this to be a big issue? There is a cover on the tank, but some space around the filter where escape could be possible. We could cover it, but I was wondering if it's so big of a deal that even during maintenance we would have to be keeping an eye out for jumpers.

3) Also we have found differing info on what they eat. Will they eat flake or pellets or only live or frozen foods?

1. Yep, several local stores carry p. gardneri (Fish Gallery Houston currently has some (as of Saturday)). Alternately, there are a couple of locals who breed them. Anton Mitchell (GHAC member on Facebook) breeds them and sells to AquaZoo down in Clearlake (or Webster?) and there's a guy who I bought from on AquaBid that allowed me to pick them up in person (south-west side of town). I don't see any listings that look to be from him though...
    2. They won't jump during maintenance in my experience with them but they will leave through gaps given the opportunity
    3. They'll eat dry foods but do especially love mosquito larvae when that time of year is upon us..

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
      X