Just joined HFB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just joined HFB

Five months ago my 12 yo son decided he wanted to try to raise and breed guppies, like his grandmother had told him she had done when she was his age. I thought it would be a good hobby, and we got him setup with a 10 gallon tank and a few guppies. We knew nothing.

Four days after bringing those first fish home, we had our first batch of guppy fry. After several fish deaths and one full blown Fishpocolypse (initiated by introducing some Neon Tetra to the tank) which only a few very hardy fish made it through, we have now learned some things and have graduated to a 20 gallon for my daughter, 29 gallon for my son, and a 45 gallon for me.

We are in the process of getting them stocked up and I am about to start my first attempt at planting out my tank. The Aquarium Co-op YouTube channel has been a big resource for us as we try to educate ourselves.

I'm glad to have found this website to connect with others in the area whose knowledge and experience we can learn from.

learn all you can about the nitrogen cycle and the importance of plants. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guT1GKJ7jIo
    do you need some bacteria?

Comment

Working...
    X