Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ditch my community planted tank and go back to cichlids....or.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ditch my community planted tank and go back to cichlids....or.......

Howdy, y'all.

It's been a SUPER long time since I've been up here. I put together a 90g f/w cichlid tank that ended up with a few yellow labs, couple of cobalt blues, cleaning crew, and one very large Tiger oscar that was a total dork. Life was good. And then the leak happened (dishwasher). After much dry wall repair, and some added on projects, the wife gets the idea to paint the room with the tank it. Insert (can't you just stick him in a bucket) comment here, forehead slap, etc.

Long story short, I got rid of all my cichlids so I could tear down the tank and leave it away from the wall for a couple weeks minimum. Then the wife and daughter started pining for a community tank... (sigh)....

I have a fairly nice community tank now with lots of onions, and a few swords (plants), fish population is 4 giant zebra danio's, a misc. group of Gourami's (opaline, sunfire, blue, dwarf??), a clown loach (just in case of snails), couple of rainbow fish (australian and something else). Albino rubber lip pleco, Albino SAE (he's cool!). A glass cat, and a black ghost knife(?). 2 green tiger barbs. 3 Rose Line Sharks. Oh.. and 1 glow fish... Pink. For my daughter. Cuz that's how I roll.

I have 400 gallons of filtration on the tank because I'm lazy, and a bunch of light. Now that you've read all that. Here's the problem.

I'm not happy. I don't like the community tank. Sure, they're "pretty" but all they do is eat and poop. I want something BIG with personality. I put in a couple silver dollars only to learn that they love my plants. So.. gave 'em away.

I either want to dispense with ALL my plants and most of my community fish, and go back to cichlids, or, I want I community fish that won't eat my plants, won't kill everything else, and gets BIG... well... large.

Please feel free to comment.

I personally would go with a good quality flowerhorn. Message me if you are interested. I may have one available or know of someone who can help you

Comment

Originally posted by zmeflyby View Post
      I personally would go with a good quality flowerhorn. Message me if you are interested. I may have one available or know of someone who can help you

A flower horn would be great if I could keep more than one. Mister Google says I need 75 g/per fish. Any other ideas?

Comment

Tanganyikan cichlid community tank

Tanganyikans!

Comment

Working...
        X