Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New here

Hi yall,
    in my desperation to find a new home for my two monster plecos, i found this site. My husband and I are retired. A year ago, we decided we wanted an aquarium and went to Petsmart and got a 55 gallon tank kit. Once set up, we filled it with tetras, guaramis, sword tail, platys, and mollies. We had a nice array of little sea friends but we were very clueless and learned as we went along. We went back a couple weeks later with the intention of getting a couple of sucker fish, as we heard they would eat the algae and keep our tank clean. We got two little 2” plecos, with no idea about them except our misconstrued notion that these little guys would clean to the side of the tank and keep it clean. That was a year ago. I recently learned that we needed to feed them. Ha, i had no idea. I started reading about them and feeding them. Now the little suckers have almost grown overnight to 6” and 8”. They are too big for our 55 gallon tank, and our other fishy friends are getting trampled over, as the plecos are like bulls in a china shop. We need new homes for them, please. They are free, just give them a home.

welcome to the box.where you located?

Comment

Originally posted by jughead View Post
      welcome to the box.where you located?
      Im in Humble, near Bush Airport.

Comment

too far for me.sorry.you'll find someone to take them.

Comment

Originally posted by jughead View Post
          too far for me.sorry.you'll find someone to take them.
          I hope so. Thank you.

Comment

Try calling Paradise fish and pets in Atascocita, and ask if they will take them. If not them, then you might want to call around other aquarium stores.

Comment

Thanks, Paradise Fish and Pets did indeed take them. They went last Friday. I was concerned about how we would catch them and transport them. Me being the little scaredy cat that I am, went into the bedroom with fans and tv blaring, so i couldn't hear, while my husband tried to catch the monsters. I heard a couple of thumps but no screams or words of frustration. Five minutes later, hubby emerged, stating, ok I got ‘em. No way! That fast? It wasn't hard for my Superman. He put them in a bucket, and to Paradise Fish and Pets they went. As soon as they arrived, they were placed in their new homes. I measured the biggest at 8 1/2 inches long when he was on the glass. The smaller one was a couple inches smaller. They were fun, but it wouldnt be long before they wouldn't be able to turn around in my 55 gallon. My Mollies, swordtails, guarami, and cory cats are happier now that the bull is out of the china shop.

Comment

Working...
              X