Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Multiple air stones in sequence...?IS IT POSSIBLE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple air stones in sequence...?IS IT POSSIBLE?

Greetings,

I was playing around in my box of fish goodies yesterday and came up with the amazing idea to run an airline into my tank and then suction cup it along the entire bottom width with T-connectors evenly spaced for a nice bubble curtain look.

As you can guess things did not go as planned. After measuring out and cutting up all of these parts I successfully got air to the first outlet ... and that was it.

My question is: Is it possible to run one line with multiple outlets in sequence and get air to each outlet or is it some sort of law of liquid dynamics that flat out states, "NOPE."

Thanks for the input!

can it be done?yes.will it be easy?no.air will find the easiest way out,most will go out the 1st stone.you have to restrict flow to some stones.
    if you have 2-3" tubing between the tee and stone,tie a knot in the line.tighter the knot-more restriction.or buy a bubblewand

Comment

I was actually hoping to get big ("burping" is the only way I know how to describe them) bubbles to come out and look a little more natural than the millions of tiny uniform bubbles that stones put out. Seems like what I have in my head isn't going to work out short of running a separate line to each point and hook them up to a gang valve. I really don't want all of those airlines running up the back of the tank and I sure as hell am not going to drill multiple tiny holes in the tank.
      LOL

Comment

Working...
      X