Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Here

Hi All,

I'm new to HFB but have lurked before. I'm recently widowed thanks to a drunk driver. My husband was very into this hobby. I'm here to try and learn a few things to keep the one aquarium I have up and running. I also have quite a bit of items I'm needing to sell or giveaway.

The current aquarium is a 90g freshwater. We were starting over with this aquarium so I only have some bristle-nose plecos and cory cats that my husband raised. I also have some new tetras after recently going to Aqua Zoo with my nephew in tow.

Hi Scubagirl and welcome to the fish box! I'm really sorry to hear of your recent loss and can't fathom how difficult going through that must be for you. As someone who has found aquariums to be incredibly therapeutic in dealing with depression I think you'll find inspiration and solace in both the hobby and the community around it here in Houston. If you're a Facebook member, please consider joining the Greater Houston Aquarium Club group (it's free and has great membership perks!).

It sounds like you've already got a good foundation for building up a planted tank with BN plecos, cories, and tetras, and since you've already found one of the Houston area gems that is Aqua Zoo I think you're on a good trajectory already! If you have some time, take a trip over to Aquarium Design Group which is located at (roughly) BW8 & 288 over by Pearland. Their showroom of mostly planted aquariums is unrivaled in the city and probably in the state plus their staff is incredibly knowledgeable AND friendly. Maybe save that trip for a day when you're not feeling too great because I found it to be very calming and soothing.

Comment

Working...
    X