680G system mixed Tanganyikan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 680G system mixed Tanganyikan

I just recently acquired a used 560G aquarium with a 120G sump. The aquarium measures 144x30x30. The aquarium with acrylic with a starfire front panel. The overflow is not a box that sits in the aquarium. It is on the outside and there is 3 of them.

The stand is 47" tall.

The filter will be 120G sump that will utilize 3 100 micron filter sock and 2 gallons of K3 kaldnes. A reeflo barracuda will pump the water back to the tank using 3 1.5" pvc. Also, I want to divert part of the flow to maintain the movement for the K3 kaldness.

Plan to use 3 x 48" 5000k shop lights.

I am currently making the background and boulders using insulation foam. The tank is heavy enough as it is and I used boulders in my 300g and I am so tired of them.

For substrate, probably use 15 50# bags of pool filter sand. Maybe more, but i want to have atleast 4" of substrate

Current stocklist:

25 adult frontosa mpimbwe.
    7" clown loach
    some malawi trout that I am growing out
    8 mdoka white lip

My goal is to make one side really rocky with boulders to have a group of various Julies and lamps. The other side to be plain. The plain side is to hopefully host a group of C. furcifer. I would love to see the male build a nest using the 4" sand bed. What do you think? is this achievable or do I need a bigger tank? The mpimbwe's will go where ever they wanna go.
    6821-IMG5544.jpg

awesome tank!! congrats on the new tank

Comment

Monster!!!! Can't wait to see it.
      010G Long fin BN grow-out
      020G Electric blue, Red Fin Borleye FOR SALE
      020G Leulepi grow-out
      020G Leulepi, Julidochromis, chalinochromis, BN breeder
      030G Leulepi breeder
      030G SRD FlowerHorn
      040G Hongi Sweden breeder
      090G Tangs community
      100G Tangs community
      150G Cyphos Moba & Leulepi

Comment

Tried to set up a tank with a similar layout idea. My tank was not large enough to allow the separate zones to work. You on the other hand should not have the issues I have. Look forward to seeing some photo's of this tank as it gets going.

Comment

Working...
        X