Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 140 Gallon Setup - Help Overflow Box Question

Hi Everyone -

I am working on building a custom 140 gallon freshwater aquarium for my study. I am currently planning to stock it with African Cichlids. The dimensions of the tank are 50"x20"x32". I will be running an Emerald 34 Trigger System Sump underneath as well as a Eheim 2262. There will be a refugium in the middle sump chamber with a Kessil A160 LED. I'm planning on using the Satellite Plus Pro Freshwater LED for the main display.

I just received the CAD drawing and I wanted to get your thoughts on the size and placement of the overflow box. My main objective is to have the tank as silent as possible. Based on my research, it seems that the Bean Animal overflow system is the best way to configure your overflow for "complete" silence. On the CAD drawing though it is showing as 6.5" deep and with a 20" depth on my tank, that seems pretty big in my opinion and takes up quite a bit of swimming space.

I've attached a picture below (this is my first time posting here so hopefully it worked). I only have about 20" - 21" to work with depth wise where the tank will go.

Please share your thoughts on the overflow set-up. THANKS!

Inside Dim # 016765 (1)[4502].pdf

im no expert but your overflow box seems huge to me.i have an oceanic tank 4x2x2 came with 2 overflows each is about 3x6.If your using 1.75 holes i wouldnt go wider than 3" myself.I guess if you make it too small you could redo it,that would be fun.my oceanic setup has a set of slots in the box at mid tank and a couple inches off the bottom.Good luck

Comment

I've talked to a few people now and what we have decided to do is to go with a Synergy Reef overflow. It has a slim design for inside the tank and does not take up much space outside the tank (less than 4"). This seems like the best option given the space I have to work with and to make the swimming space for the fish as big as possible.

Comment

Working...
      X