Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 stressed clown loaches

Hey Guys,

I've got a 75gal cichlid tank with 4 clown loaches, a moba frontosa, 2 plecos, and a large cat. The youngest fish in there I've had since at least 2012, several much longer.

I recently moved the tank from old house to new house, only about a 2 mile move and I brought about 60 of the 75 gal of water with me in buckets. Start to finish of the tank move took about 4 hours.

I waited 4.5 days before adding all the stone back in, adding lights back, and doing partial water change/topoff. Tank was 2-3" low for that time.

The tank has 2x Eheim 2217 canister filters, major overkill for a 75 gallon but it makes maintenance easier and keeps everything in great shape.

During the water change I completely changed out all filter media in 1 of the 2 canister filters, changed the white filter, blue filter, mechanical filter media, bio filter media, charcoal, etc.

The other canister I left untouched, it had a good cleaning 6-8 weeks ago but no media replaced, only white and blue filters were replaced.

I've used quite a bit of Prime in the last week, more than normal because I had a lot more stirred up sand and just a lot of shock/trauma to the fish and tank with the move.

I did the water change around 9am and the night of the water change all fish were breathing very heavy and hiding out. I raised both of the water return lines to stir up the surface a lot more thinking that with the tank low for 4-5 days the fish got used to the highly oxygenated water. I did a quick check on the water with a test strip and everything looked pretty normal.

2 days later the Moba and plecos seem pretty much back to normal and the Cat seems 50-60% back to normal. But the 4 clown loaches still seem to be breathing very hard but they are more active than 2 days ago which is closer to normal.

I've also cut feeding way back through this whole process.

There is no redness around gills and no signs of fin damage or skin damage, 2 of them have less color and 2 are pretty normal on colors but they all 4 fluctuate on color normally.

I did a mother water test strip yesterday and still looks pretty normal.

Just incase my test strips have gotten old and aren't working properly I'm going to take a water sample to the LFS later today.

I'm less worried now than I was Friday night but I'd still like to see if anyone has advice or suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Cole

Clown loaches they like to sleep all day long I would put the stone in same day due to the fact that u didn’t add any new fish. I have clown loaches from 5-8 years only time they come out is feeding time they smell the food. I think u b ok.

Comment

Working...
    X