Angle killed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angle killed

About a month ago, found my biggest ( 2 in. diameter) angle of 3 lying on the bottom . 125 with only the angles and few small corys and plecos. One side had a sharp edged hole 1/2 " long and 1/4 " wide. I am suspecting a mouse or rat ( tank is in my fish room attached to the garage ) bit it when it came up looking for food. The last time I saw a hole like that it was in goldfish I fed to my piranha ( in Chicago in the 60's ). It cut a very clean hole. When I bought piranha the shop didn't know what he was. They put in in a plastic bag- it leaked,bad. They put him in another bag, leaked bad. put him in another - leak. We put the third bag into a 4th bag , water leaked between the bags. Then put that bag into another bag. Later , it was pretty funny. The piranha had bitten 1/4 holes in the bags so fast you couldn't see it happen . Guess I got off topic .

Weird. Never heard of rats eating fish....I always thought they were more opportunistic and less predatory, but maybe an angel in a tank is an opportunity.

Funny story about the piranha.
    Our Fishhouse
    Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine.

Comment

Working...
    X