Unusual Water Issue Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unusual Water Issue Question

Hey guys, I am going to be moving waaay out into the boonies of East Texas in the next couple of months and had some concerns about possible water issues. I'll be going from MUD district water to a rural water company and I don't know how the difference in the water may affect my fish or even if I actually need to be concerned with this issue at all. If there is anyone on the box with prior experience with this type of scenario, I would really appreciate some feed back!

Anyone that could answer this I would appreciate it, time for my move is less than 1 month away.

Comment

Bumping for you. Curious if this kind of water change would affect the fish.

Comment

What kind of fish? Also any idea if it will be well water or not?

Comment

Fish are Kuhli Loach & Otto Cats also have Horned Nerites and assorted live plants. Want to purchase either a pair of Rams or pair of Kribs a week or two before the move. The water is not "well" water, nor is it water through a "MUD" district, the water provider is Southwest water company. That's all I know. Some sort of regional water company that I've never heard of and know nothing of their water quality.

Comment

Do you have a test kit ? Really hard to say without seeing some numbers, sorry

Comment

My move is scheduled for 6/1 so I have not been able to test any water. I do have a test kit but my cat destroyed all the test tubes last time I tested my water and the tubes were out drying. So without any tubes the kit is useless. When I move my nearest PetSmart where I could get my water tested, will be an hour away.

Comment

Sorry that you're stuck moving out to East Texas, I just moved back from Tyler/Palestine area and I'm never going back lol!!!! The water should be fine, the only thing you may have to worry about is how much chlorine or chloramines are going into the water since it's pretty much mom and pop water treatment facilities out there. Just dose a little extra prime and maybe let it sit for a while

Comment

Visit the Southwest water company website and/or call them. They are required to post water quality reports which break down their water parms.

Comment

Comment

That's so funny, I can't wait to get out of Houston. Heading towards Jefferson and I can't get there soon enough! Thanks for answering my question and the link for my new water company.

Comment

Working...
                      X