Any Recommendations as to Where to Buy Plants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Recommendations as to Where to Buy Plants

I am restarting my aquarium and am looking for a good source of plants in Houston. I'm reluctant to buy anything from the local chain pet stores fearing that I might bring in a disease or parasite. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I live in Katy.

aquarium design group or check local fish groups on facebook

Comment

I got some very nice Plants from PetSmart on fry road. I already had pond snails in
      my tanks, but welcome them as a protein source for cories. Not sure parasite free. I hear you can do a weak bleach dip.

Comment

Extreme fish on bellaire has giant anubias

Comment

Www.h2oplants.com. use coupon code HoustonManzanita15 for 15% off

Hansaquatics.com. use coupon code HoustonManzanita10 for 10% off

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

I've purchased plants from numerous LFS, and big box, including PetCo and PetsMart

I SWEAR up and down by the plants The Fish Gallery is selling now. Every plant I get from there is impressive with growth, properly packaged, and ready to plant. The size you get here versus at a big box is insane.
            I bought an AS from PetsMart for 8.99 that was 1/5th the size of an AS for 5.99 at The Fish Gallery.
            The Dwarf Hairgrass you get there is big enough to propogate a field setup for 12$ (2 planters)

My -only- don't buy at The Fish Gallery right now is moss, as some of it can be found cheaper. Outside that, hands down, my goto place.

Comment

I've always gotten my plants on ebay from sellers like plants factory or the green habitat. Fish gallery is pretty good and mr too far from Katy area. Depends on time of year in my experience when they get a bunch of plants in. You can take a chance at petco and pets mart but I never find anything good. They're now selling "narrow leaf java fern" in those tall plastic cups but once you open them they usually fall apart. It's hit or miss (miss most the time).

Comment

Aquarium Design Group usually has a pretty good selection of plants and everything you need for a planted tank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X