Need some advice help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some advice help

I just upgraded my fish tank. I had a 55 with 2 orenda and a black moore. The orenda where getting big some i got a 72 bowfront tank. Im running a sump on it. My goldfish did find the 1st day they seem fine. I use have of the old tank water and all the sand also took the media out of the canister filter amd hob i had on the tank. Today the black moore is sitting at the bottom the othere 2 seem to be ok. I tested the tank and the ammonia was .50 so i did a water change waited a few hours tested again ammonia was a little less.
    Now i have a 75 that has been running for 8 months about 6 months ago all my fish died i still dont know why no sign of disease i tested the water everything was find. Would it be dumb to use the media out of the 75 just want to get the the goldfish better

Has the 75 been running all this time? If not, I would not use it. If it has, you might move the fish to that tank. I think your Bowfront tank is still cycling. Even though you used all the old stuff, I think it would be good to let it run for awhile with out fish. Of course since you don't know what killed your fish in the old tank you are taking a risk either way.
    Guppies:
    Hi-fin pepper Cory's, Black Cory's, Long Fin Golden Aneus, Swordtails, some lyretail(RREA's, Red, Albino Koi, Red & Gold Tux), Different types of BN plecos(albino, calico, long fin, blue eyed short & long fin)
    Mystery Snails, Yellow Shrimp, CPDs

HAS Master Aquatic Gardener awarded 1997
    HAS Master Fish Breeder awarded 1998

Comment

Ya the 75 is still running. It ive been thinking about it but not knowing what happen there had me nervous. I check on the goldfish this morning they all are moving around seem to be better still going to test probably water change.

Comment

I hope they are doing well now.
        Guppies:
        Hi-fin pepper Cory's, Black Cory's, Long Fin Golden Aneus, Swordtails, some lyretail(RREA's, Red, Albino Koi, Red & Gold Tux), Different types of BN plecos(albino, calico, long fin, blue eyed short & long fin)
        Mystery Snails, Yellow Shrimp, CPDs

HAS Master Aquatic Gardener awarded 1997
        HAS Master Fish Breeder awarded 1998

Comment

If all else fails, especially in a goldfish tank, water changes water changes water changes :)

Comment

Working...
          X