• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with tank

just got a 72 gal bow front tank it is reef ready
    can i run a canister filter right to the drill holes
    and if i can where would i get the bulk heads and what not
    if not i have a sump its not trickle one just a fully submerged sump i could use that just dont know how do the plumming and all that just would like some opinion/help

Fish gallery, city pets, and aquarium world all have plumbing parts and bulkheads you would need.

I think if you plugged the holes in the weir you could put your intake tube for your canister in the weir. Don't know if a way to plumb canister into the weir.

Comment

I would try fish gallery

Comment

City pets usually has plenty of fittings. You can't go wrong with a sump. Just get your water level right so if the power goes off it doesn't flood. You can always run the canister as a separate filter.

I can try and get a pic of my bowfront later if you want.

Scratch that. Just look here.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
        Last edited by BrAin; 01-19-2017, 06:25 AM.

200 - African cichlids
        72 - Salty Bow Front
        33 Cube - community
        10's - Freshwater Shrimp

Comment

Thanks for the replies

I decided to fo with the sump going to be starting a salt water tank soon thoght wth
          Everthing so for so good....just one thing my damn pump for my sump just stop working. I don't know how old is was but looking to get a new one that is pretty quite. And i would love to see your tank

Comment

Plumbing will just take a little time and probably returning pieces to the store. Make sure you use a union and valve on your return. You can also use a valve on your drain. I've been running a mag drive for 7 years and noise isn't noticeable much.

Comment

If your pump is old it probably just needs a cleaning.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

200 - African cichlids
              72 - Salty Bow Front
              33 Cube - community
              10's - Freshwater Shrimp

Comment

So i took the pump apart and the impeller is cracked. Im looking to see how much an impeller would but also thing about getting. A eheim compact 2000

Comment

So i took the pump apart and the impeller is cracked. Im looking to see how much an impeller would but also thing about getting. A eheim compact 2000

Comment

Working...
                  X