Lighting for 5 gallon planted tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lighting for 5 gallon planted tank

Setup a 5 gallon aquarium and have the layout done. Currently piecing a paintball co2 setup but my concern is the lighting situation. I'm used to a larger setup but have never done a smaller planted tank setup. What would be an appropriate light setup for glosso or other carpet plants. I'm using a clip on desk lamp with a plant growing bulb rated 10 watts. Any advice? Thanks.

Hello don't know if you found an answer to your question.... If not you could find one of the 23 watt cfl daylight (6500K) bulbs and use that. There are also cheap LED bulbs you can buy off ebay that have cool white and blue LED bulbs. They have some that fit the standard socket

I have had good luck with the cfl bulbs... i dont use the 23 watt on my 5 gallon (i use the 15 watt one) but I aldo done grow higher light or used CO2

Comment

The usb powered plant lights from dunecraft plant growing kits work good and they also have a built in timer.

Get them at hobby lobby with a 40% off coupon

Hobby Lobby arts and crafts stores offer the best in project, party and home supplies. Visit us in person or online for a wide selection of products!

(upper right corner)

Comment

I have used LED flood lights from Amazon or Ebay to great success. They are not that high in wattage but you don't really need that bright and since they are flood lights they use a point of light which gives a great shimmer look if that is what you are into.

Comment

Working...
        X