Just Joined, pretty dang excited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Joined, pretty dang excited

So I finally returned to the hobby after a 20 year layoff. I grew up with beautiful red oscars, a tiger oscar and then went native with a large mouth bass.

Now I have four boys and a new 75 gallon tank. I loved my oscars but am intrigued with the other "large" cichlids. We want something with personality and that we can feed.

Ive started the internet searches, so I'm slowly building my knowledge. I'm pumped and look forward to perusing all the threads.

Andy

Welcome back to the hobby. I did the same. Grew up with Oscars and other SA cichlids. I have been back into it a little more than 2 years, with about 400 gallons of tanks (not counting the empty hidden ones in the garage that my better half doesn't know about yet). I went with African Cichlids this time and am really enjoying them. I have 2 large tanks, segregating the fish by lake. There are numerous large African Cichlids breeds - Frontosa, Borelyi, Peacocks etc. Good Luck!
    300g Discus tank

200g African tank - Malawi

36g
    Fry (Leleupi Fry)

Comment

Welcome back!
      010G Long fin BN grow-out
      020G Electric blue, Red Fin Borleye FOR SALE
      020G Leulepi grow-out
      020G Leulepi, Julidochromis, chalinochromis, BN breeder
      030G Leulepi breeder
      030G SRD FlowerHorn
      040G Hongi Sweden breeder
      090G Tangs community
      100G Tangs community
      150G Cyphos Moba & Leulepi

Comment

Welcome back to the hobby. One of my fav. large cichlids is Geophagus Altifrons.
        Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

Thanks y'all. What are your favorite fish shops in our area?

Comment

My favorite place is Fish Gallery but coming in at a close second is Extreme Fish and Pets.

Comment

Below is a link to a recent thread that should be helpful.

Helpful Map from that thread
              300g Discus tank

200g African tank - Malawi

36g
              Fry (Leleupi Fry)

Comment

Welcome.i think we have some n dovii.they fun but get pretty big,too big

Comment

Welcome, Andy! Check out some of the larger predatory Malawian cichlids (Fossorochromis, Champsochromis, Buccochromis, etc.); really neat fish, but slightly less personable than an Oscar or something similar

"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile."

Comment

Working...
                  X