Suggestions for Oscar alternative

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions for Oscar alternative

So my husband and I are each setting up a 55 gallon tank. I'm doing community fish. He loves Oscars and has had them before. He thinks he's going to get a couple of baby Oscars and keep in there and then get a bigger tank "down the road". I am trying to talk him into getting something different that can stay in the 55 longer than 6 months. Please give me some suggestions to show him. Not Blood parrots or Flowerhorns. He wants something that has a "waggy tail" personality like Oscars. Pictures would be helpful.
    Thanks!
    Annette

Take a look at all the Geophagus. I have had a few. Some get very large and other stay pretty small. All are very pretty. With lots of personality. This is Red head Tapajo. There are lots of other types. From Guianacara, to Satanoperca daemon. Altifrons, to Ramirezi. Ramirezi is one of the smallest Classified Mikrogeophagus. Geophagus means Earth eater. They sift throw the sand looking for food. There are others. Just a thought.
    Attached Files
    Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

This is a White Calvus there is also Black and even Yellow they get about 6" and you can a few in your tank
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Blix-32.; 07-12-2016, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Jack dempsys are good

Comment

uaru fish

Comment

Working...
          X