Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by amcgee2842 View Post
    I try and clean the filters every 3 or 4 months is that enough
    I would say that's not enough. I clean may Canister filters ones a month and the sumps every 4 to 6 months.
    Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

I guess i need to get a sump...LOL

Comment

Troy what part of katy?

Comment

I don't use Mechanical or Chemical Filtration on my tanks. My bio filtration is enough to do the job and keep the water clean.

Comment

Also side note not sure if I need to start a new tread but if I want to add a carbon bottle to my garden hose for water changes what do I need and how does it work? I couldn't find anything on it in the search or google.

Comment

Clay road and barker area.

Comment

Originally posted by amcgee2842 View Post
                Also side note not sure if I need to start a new tread but if I want to add a carbon bottle to my garden hose for water changes what do I need and how does it work? I couldn't find anything on it in the search or google.
                Call ADG. they can fix you up on that.

Comment

Originally posted by troy tucker View Post
                  Clay road and barker area.
                  Ok Im behind the craker barrel more or less on i-10

Comment

Have you tested any water that would have zero nitrates (distilled or bottle)to see if your test kit is good?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Who View Post
                      Have you tested any water that would have zero nitrates (distilled or bottle)to see if your test kit is good?
                      Not on distilled or bottled but I did test the tap water and it was at zero.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Who View Post
                        I was going to suggest the same thing. I had an API test kit which got old or contaminated some how that always reported high nitrates even on my RODI water that had recently changes filters/membranes.

Comment

Could you send a pic of your tank and stock? I'm wondering if maybe you're overfeeding or if your stock is actually producing that much waste. Never the less, your bio is doing it's job.

Comment

Working...
                          X