Thread: AIO Nano Tank

So, those are scales.

AIO Nano Tank

Hi,

I am thinking of taking the dive into salt water. I honestly know nothing about salt water equipment or maintenance wise so I've got some research to do. But I was thinking of going with an all in one nano tank. Any thoughts on these? I like the IM Fusion 20, but any others you all would recommend? Or stay away from AIO tanks in general?

Thanks in advance!

I have crossed the lateral line.
    The smaller the tank, the less room for error. My first tank was a 30-gallon. Today there is much better equipment available but nothing replaces frequent water changes. Always quarantine new fish.

Mike

So, those are scales.
    Thanks for the reply. I've read that smaller tanks have less room for error, but I'm willing to take the risk. I don't have much space for anything larger unless I get rid of my freshwater tank. I'm looking to keep probably a 20 gallon or smaller with a clownfish or 2 and maybe one more fish with some easy maintenance coral (if there is such a thing)...whatever I can fit. I'm ok with frequent water changes...I currently change water every day in my discus tank, so once a week in a nano should be no problem haha. My concern is more if I should stay away from AIO tanks due to quality and instead pick and choose my own tank/equipment? Or are there some nice AIO tanks that you guys would say are pretty good?

I don't blink.
    Quote Originally Posted by bamzam View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I've read that smaller tanks have less room for error, but I'm willing to take the risk. I don't have much space for anything larger unless I get rid of my freshwater tank. I'm looking to keep probably a 20 gallon or smaller with a clownfish or 2 and maybe one more fish with some easy maintenance coral (if there is such a thing)...whatever I can fit. I'm ok with frequent water changes...I currently change water every day in my discus tank, so once a week in a nano should be no problem haha. My concern is more if I should stay away from AIO tanks due to quality and instead pick and choose my own tank/equipment? Or are there some nice AIO tanks that you guys would say are pretty good?
    There are some nice ready made all in ones available now. If I had to start a tank, I would just get a standard glass tank and run a HOB filter. This is all you need and reduces cost. You can then put this money towards a nice light a vortech pump and livestock which is where almost all of the money in saltwater ends up going

I have crossed the lateral line.