X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st Annual GHAC Planted Nano Tank Competition

When - January 1 - March 6
    Where- Your House, photos submitted via Facebook event

We present the first planted nano tank build competition! Please rsvp to get updates.

There will be two categories, freshwater, and brackish/saltwater. Rules are simple:

At least one planted, rooted item.
    'Tank' is to be five gallons, or less, and can be any clear vessel that holds water.
    There is no minimum or maximum spending limit.

*Starting January 1st, and Deadline to enter is January 7th 12pm.

*Enter simply by submitting picture of empty tank with scaping materials laid out and a 'spec' list of materials, hardware, flora, and fauna used. And, a second picture with your completed scape and spec list, with any adjustments.

Submit completed grow out photo, with your previous two photos, and 'specs' list, by March 6th, 10pm, when contest ends.

One entry per category, per person, open to all members!

Contest will be judged by an impartial party and a winner will be chosen for both categories. Winners will receive a $20 gift certificate.

We really want this to be fun, inspiring, and creative! Your build does not have to have filtration, or integrated lighting. You may use any substrate you like, rocks, wood, plants- even those found on a nature walk! It does not need fish, shrimp, or snails...though that can be a fun part of it. Really let your imagination run free. If you never have done a planted tank, this is your chance to have fun with it!

Facebook Event Thread for posting submissions, note: Initial submissions need to have 1 picture of your gear and component parts, 2nd picture of your assembled parts initial setup, 3rd a Spec sheet filled out as best as you can all submissions due by January 7th. Then we begin grow out, allow tank to mature 2 months (handling water changes and maintenance), Final pic is due by March 7th. Judging will be done shortly after all submissions are in, Judges are Mike Senske of Aquarium Design Group, Anise Jamal of That Aquarium Place, and John Murray of Houston Aquarium Warehouse. Good Luck to everyone, this is a fun and creative contest. It need not be expensive, a simple mason jar with a few plants on a window sill can count. Creativity and an eye for aesthetics can go a long way, find stone and wood in your yard, use nature and found objects for creativity. It is a learning process and one we can all share together.
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
    Desiderius Erasmus
    GHAC President

I was going to do the contest but sadly I will not be. I have to much going on. I will be watching and if any one need anything? I have some root driftwood and plants.

Have Fun!
    Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

Working...
    X