20L setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20L setup

well it appears Santa had some deep pockets this year or is in debt cause he brought my daughter a brand new aqueon 20L tank, aqueon 100watt heater, aquaclear 50, current usa orbit marine led light, aqueon glass tank cover, instant ocean hydrometer, green killing machine 9watt uv sterilizer, marineland maxi-jet 400 power head and an api master saltwater test kit. I got her a bucket of red sea coral pro salt and $100 gift card to petsmart for those odds and ends like sand, reef test kit, and so on. we still have a few things to get before set up so this weekend we will prolly make a trip to fish gallery. Im going to see if my daughter wants to write about her experiences on here, should be fun.

Cool. Congrats to your daughter!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    010G Long fin BN grow-out
    020G Electric blue, Red Fin Borleye FOR SALE
    020G Leulepi grow-out
    020G Leulepi, Julidochromis, chalinochromis, BN breeder
    030G Leulepi breeder
    030G SRD FlowerHorn
    040G Hongi Sweden breeder
    090G Tangs community
    100G Tangs community
    150G Cyphos Moba & Leulepi

Comment

I'm going to show her this thread and try to get her interested in the site

Comment

My daughter and I broke down her 10 gallon tank yesterday and dumped her fish into my 60g. Cleared some room and set up the 20 today. Unfortunately my daughter had to go with her mother so I was stuck finishing up. Went to fish gallery with a 45 gallon tote and a 7 gallon water jug, got roughly 26-30 gallons of Rodi. Picked up about 17-20 pounds of live rock and a bottle of biospira. Got the salt mixed to 1.025, dumped live aragonite sand in and everything turned on. Now waiting on sand to settle. Could be a while.....maybe next year...lmao

Comment

Got a question, can you seed a saltwater tank with a filter from your freshwater tank?

Comment

Different bacteria, they have bottled stuff for sw tanks though and live sand/live rock is effective for seeding a tank

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
            In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
            Desiderius Erasmus
            GHAC President

Comment

That's what I thought. Iv got live sand, live rock and dumped a bottle of biospira in so I should have some bacteria in there. Got the salinity at 1.025. Did phantom feeding this morning. Tested the perameters tonight, no ammonia yet. Searched Walmart for ammonia but it all had additives in it. Water has cleared quit a bit. Sand was a mix of suger fine grain to medium grain with shells and for some reason pieces of wood.

Comment

Huh, weird. Another option for continual ammonia is drop in one raw shrimp, it slowly rots but gives off constant ammonia to feed your cycling bacteria

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
                Desiderius Erasmus
                GHAC President

Comment

Frozen brine shrimp suffice? Just as good I would think

Comment

If I was cruel I'd throw a Molly in there...lol

Comment

Yeah, really one fish should be fine in that tank and help the cycle along. Frozen brine will work as well, we just use shrimp to feed our Fahaka so have them on hand and easy to grab
                      Desiderius Erasmus
                      GHAC President

Comment

Bout to test water perameters again, once I get my coffee of course...lol

Comment

Got just a tiny bit of ammonia show up on the test, about .25ppm

Comment

anyone buy into this^^
                            seems too good to be true, add fish right away as long as you follow its directions. I got some anyways and thought it couldn't hurt to add along with the biospira.

Comment

my phones camera kept adjusting the color so it looks a lot more blue than it does in person. The rocks are pretty much right where I initially put them when the water was too cloudy to see what heck I was doing. I kinda liked the placement but I'm debating to take the rock all the way on the right and stand it up.

Comment

Working...
                              X