This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Houston Livebearer Club's Preservation Project

For some time now, I have been working on a preservation project for wild livebearing species. The goal is to help preserve them, preventing them from going extinct. From common species, so endangered species, I plan to keep whatever I can get my hands on. Another goal for the project is to bring these species out from the shadows, and make them more available to everyone in the hobby. I plan to sell, or even auction the species off from time to time!

The project has been going very slowly due to a lack of space and funds, but it's getting there! I thank everyone for their support, especially to those who have been helping me with my project, both locally and nationally. I do not seek to make any profit, and all proceeds will go towards the preservation project to help improve and expand it.

The following list is the species I'm currently keeping, followed by another list of species I'll be obtaining soon. These lists will be updated often, so check back frequently!

Currently Keeping (UPDATED: 2/4/2016):

Ilyodon furcidens
    Heterandria formosa*
    Gambusia affinis*
    Xiphophorus nezahualcoyotl

Coming Soon (UPDATED: 2/4/2016):

"Xenotoca" eiseni, San Marcos
    Poecilia obscura
    Cnesterodon decemmaculatus

*Personally caught by yours truly!
    Last edited by Brandon O'Brian; 02-04-2016, 01:47 PM.
    ​- Brandon O'Brian

There is something
    fishy going on here, and I kinda like it!

I understand ILyodon furcidens have very large fry and can immediately eat the same food as adults.

As far as Xiphophorus nezahualcoyotl, you can get them rather inexpensively from the following source:

For sale:

Xiphophorus nezahualcoyotl juveniles/subadults. About half grown. These are a wild form dwarf swordtail. They do not sexually differentiate until they are completely mature. Nice little fish. Six for $5.00. Please PM me, or email me at mbuna49@yahoo.com

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mredman View Post
      I understand ILyodon furcidens have very large fry and can immediately eat the same food as adults.

As far as Xiphophorus nezahualcoyotl, you can get them rather inexpensively from the following source:

For sale:

Xiphophorus nezahualcoyotl juveniles/subadults. About half grown. These are a wild form dwarf swordtail. They do not sexually differentiate until they are completely mature. Nice little fish. Six for $5.00. Please PM me, or email me at mbuna49@yahoo.com

Mike
      That is correct! The fry are pretty large, and can be fed flake food and more. The same usually applies to other Goodeid species as well. Damn that is a good deal! Too bad I already made a deal with one of my contacts.
      ​- Brandon O'Brian

There is something

Comment

Added to the preservation project:

Xiphophorus nezahualcoyotl
        ​- Brandon O'Brian

There is something

Comment

Working...
        X