Fish in a tote?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fish in a tote?

So I transferred my goldfish into a tote temporarily during a big water change because I moved and didn't bring all my extra bowls and tank with me yet.
    They seemed to like it in there after awhile, and had a lot more space. Then I got to thinking that it's kind of like a pond right? Just indoors? And in a...tote.
    I had looked online before at the possibility, and most of the responses I saw were basically saying 'No don't do that because eventually the tote will bend outwards and spill'
    But I'm feeling like that response implies that the person would've filled the tote up pretty high. The one I used was pretty large (VERY large), and was filed up about 6 or 7 inches high, with about 3x4 feet of room for them to swim around.
    These fish are a black moor, an oranda goldfish, and a pretty large fancy goldfish (don't know if there's another name for the fella).
    The apartment all-year-round stays at a decent temperature that's so far kept the tank in a nice cold-water temperature. I'm thinking I could possibly just put two filters in there, and cycle it as if it were just a really large tank? For lighting I have the lights in my room, and the sunlight from the window.

But I'm hoping my plan isn't based on too much wishful thinking. How good of an idea is this? What are some possible flaws? Should I just keep them in their aquarium for now, until I'm able to upgrade it to a larger one?
    Attached Files

All you should need to do is put the tanks filter on the tote. it is cycled and will seed any new filter you add. It's a great plan.
    Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

Awesome then, I already put them all into the smaller tank- but I'll go ahead and move them into the tote and put the filter on soon then :) Thanks!

Comment

I don't see why it is not working. It's just like a pond. Put a cycled filter in and you are good to go!
        010G Long fin BN grow-out
        020G Electric blue, Red Fin Borleye FOR SALE
        020G Leulepi grow-out
        020G Leulepi, Julidochromis, chalinochromis, BN breeder
        030G Leulepi breeder
        030G SRD FlowerHorn
        040G Hongi Sweden breeder
        090G Tangs community
        100G Tangs community
        150G Cyphos Moba & Leulepi

Comment

Working...