African Dwarf Frogs & Srimp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• African Dwarf Frogs & Srimp

Can the above go together or will the frogs eat them?

Also, what all do you all feed your ADF?

Thank You

Long time ago I had a 3gallon I kept a few ghost shrimp and 2 tiny African clawed frogs. I got them from Walmart so of course the shrimp died off fairly quickly, so quickly I couldn't say if the frogs ever bothered them. Frogs survived though, I fed them flake food.

Comment

I kept adf and ghost shrimp together in my semi planted 55g a few years ago. Some of the shrimp out lasted the frogs. I've never had any luck with keeping African dwarf frogs. I had two frogs and they lasted only a few months though
      30G fowlr
      55G planted community
      30G corner Glo tank

Comment

I've been doing sinking pellets and algae wafers. They didn't seem to touch the wafers but I have seen them eat the pellets. They have definitely grown in the short time I've had them, but I'm always worried they're not getting enough to eat. Oh, and I've seen them eat bloodworms. I've tried holding them just under the waters surface and hand feeding bloodworms but they won't do that. They're so darn cute. I've had them twice before and they didn't last a long time either. Thought I'd try one more time before saying no more.

Thanks Guys!

Comment

In my experience they can go together. I used to have a 5.5 gallon with three ghost shrimp, an ADF, and a betta. All are still alive to this day over a year later, gave the whole setup to a close friend.
          The frog seems to be fine. While in my care, I honestly never saw the thing eat. I knew it was eating somehow, since it was living. Current owner of Mister Bubleh the Frog says he's seen the fella eat, and apparently sings as well and still gets along fine with all tankmates.

Comment

For feeding, we've fed him the same as the betta and the ghost shrimp- flake food, sometimes those pellets sold as 'betta food', and bloodworms. So far so good on that.

Comment

Working...
            X