No announcement yet.

I have some concerns with my pea puffers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

light should be ok for low light plants. i dont use the moonlight setting either on my strip light. my light is on around 11 hours a day...6am-12pm then 5pm-10pm....no algae eaters in there yet so the break helps that a little. but its across from a widow and gets natural light too

its a learning process. its not uncommon for some leaves to wither and die when introduced...as is the case with my crypts in my new tank. leaves are yellowing and withering....just hoping it bounces back.

people here give good suggestions for starter plants, or give away clippings at meetings. ask around what people have.

Comment

Originally posted by morpheus View Post
      light should be ok for low light plants. i dont use the moonlight setting either on my strip light. my light is on around 11 hours a day...6am-12pm then 5pm-10pm....no algae eaters in there yet so the break helps that a little. but its across from a widow and gets natural light too

its a learning process. its not uncommon for some leaves to wither and die when introduced...as is the case with my crypts in my new tank. leaves are yellowing and withering....just hoping it bounces back.

people here give good suggestions for starter plants, or give away clippings at meetings. ask around what people have.
      I'll be at the next meeting later this month. The one at HAW! I love John, he's an awesome dude! We actually talked about the meeting before it was announced, so I'll definitely be there with Bells and Whistles! Also donating a bunch of Platy ranging from fry to adult... I just hope someone wants them

Comment

yeah the light is fine. just give the plants some time to establish.

I had all kind of live food when I kept dart frogs. Now I only keep grindals culture for the fish. Maybe I will make some starter cultures for members here, just don't have any space and time at the moment.

Comment

I fed my dwarf puffers frozen blood worms. The crazy guys wouldn't eat snails. I believe frozen is much better than freeze dried too. I have a small container that I thaw them in and will share with the guppies, betta and brichardi. I don't know if it's bad but I've fed a cube over about a 3 day period. Because of the herbivores the 75gal seldom gets blood worms.

Comment

These puffers looked like you had literally pinched their stomachs as hard as you could.

Originally posted by morpheus View Post
            i agree the parasites would need to be cleared first. the most common medications used are seachem ParaGuard or Tetra ParasiteGuard

i got mine from fish gallery, but never had any issues and never treated for IPs. took them a few days to start eating, but ever since they devour bloodworms. bellies get round after feeding and go back to a thinner streamline fish next day. i only feed every other day since they gorge themselves. almost an entire bloodworm cube between the 4 of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Beth777 View Post
              These puffers looked like you had literally pinched their stomachs as hard as you could.
              I didn't see that, but then again I'm new to puffers. Poor little guys

Comment

Update... My little guy didn't make it. I guess I didn't catch it early enough

Comment

sorry to hear it man, but now you know what to look out for with your remaining puffers. the one sucky part of the hobby is losing fish.

Comment

Sorry man. Always sux to lose a fish.
                    010G Long fin BN grow-out
                    020G Electric blue, Red Fin Borleye FOR SALE
                    020G Leulepi grow-out
                    020G Leulepi, Julidochromis, chalinochromis, BN breeder
                    030G Leulepi breeder
                    030G SRD FlowerHorn
                    040G Hongi Sweden breeder
                    090G Tangs community
                    100G Tangs community
                    150G Cyphos Moba & Leulepi

Comment

Awww Crizz! So sorry to hear this!

Originally posted by JCrizz View Post
                      Update... My little guy didn't make it. I guess I didn't catch it early enough

Comment

Working...
                      X