Breeding German blue rams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breeding German blue rams

Today I woke up to see my rams breeding and there were eggs in bottom corner on the substrate, then later in the day it looked like the parents were eating the eggs and none of them are protecting the area where the eggs were, I was wondering what are the chances of them breeding again, and how soon. Thanks

They will breed again soon and figure out how to protect the eggs.
    010G Long fin BN grow-out
    020G Electric blue, Red Fin Borleye FOR SALE
    020G Leulepi grow-out
    020G Leulepi, Julidochromis, chalinochromis, BN breeder
    030G Leulepi breeder
    030G SRD FlowerHorn
    040G Hongi Sweden breeder
    090G Tangs community
    100G Tangs community
    150G Cyphos Moba & Leulepi

Comment

Ok cool thank you, when I turned lights on this morning there were around 15eggs remaining the female is swimming around not really protecting the eggs(I think this is her first time breeding) and the male is guarding the eggs now, they are like a yellowish color, does this mean that they are fertile?

Comment

That's a good color. You find out for sure in couple days.
        020G Leulepi grow-out
        030G Leulepi breeder
        030G SRD FlowerHorn
        090G Tangs community
        100G Tangs community

Comment

Did you buy them as a pair?
          125g: Empty For Now
          90g: Planted S.A.

“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.”
          Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

No I bought the male a few weeks ago, and the female about a week ago they seemed to have gotten along right away, the make was a little pushy the first day but after that they just swim together all the time

Comment

Oh ok yeah it maybe female first spawn give her a few more tries I'm sure she will figure it out
              125g: Empty For Now
              90g: Planted S.A.

“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.”
              Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

Ok cool, I didn't expect it to happen this quick I've had rams before but never have I seen them breed, I'll post pics tomorrow so y'all can see the color of the eggs, thanks for the replies ��

Comment

The eggs have been eaten ...

Comment

Do you have them in with other fish?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    020G Leulepi grow-out
                    030G Leulepi breeder
                    030G SRD FlowerHorn
                    090G Tangs community
                    100G Tangs community

Comment

other fish such as plecos can eat eggs overnight when the parents arent as vigilant. but i agree if they spawned once they will spawn again in a few weeks probably. it sometimes takes a few tries before they get the hang of it.

the eggs that were not fertilized will usually turns white and can fungus, so the parents will pick out those eggs so to not infect the rest. they will also fan the eggs

Comment

Mikrogeophagus Ramirezi are almost like angel fish. They are line bread. They take the eggs away from the parents and hatch out with the parents never seeing them. This lives you with fish that do not know how to take care of there own young. They can learn but it takes time. You can't have them in a community tank. The other fish will eat the eggs.
                        They will get better. My blue's took a long time to learn to take care of their fry but did learn. They would breed about every 8 weeks keeping baby's alive a little longer each time. Till they finally got it right.
                        Note> getting them to breed is not the hard part. The hard part is to feed and grow baby's to adults.
                        Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

I believe any fish will eventually learn know how to take care of their young. It might take a little time but that's a survival instinct, so they will learn quick.

To breed any fish however, I believe it's best to set up a specie only tank. Other fish in the same tank will interfere with breeding and will eat the fry if they got that far.
                          020G Leulepi grow-out
                          030G Leulepi breeder
                          030G SRD FlowerHorn
                          090G Tangs community
                          100G Tangs community

Comment

I believe any fish will eventually learn know how to take care of their young. It might take a little time but that's a survival instinct, so they will learn quick.
                            Survival instinct> to hunt and kill for food to survive.

Care> care is what you learn from your mother and father. After generations of no parental care. They loss the ability to care for their own young. Also things like stress can make Mom and Dad eat their young. Thing like to much activity in or around their tank.

This is what I have learned from breeding mikrogeophagus ramirazi
                            Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

This is great and very timely, as I got my first pair over the weekend!!!

uploadfromtaptalk1439222421281.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X