Betta Macrostoma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beth777 View Post
    I'm rather envious that you get to experience these. I love bettas so much and it's always been a bit sad that I could only have 1 per tank.
    Love to own one but love to hang on to my hand more. LOL
    010G Long fin BN grow-out
    020G Electric blue, Red Fin Borleye FOR SALE
    020G Leulepi grow-out
    020G Leulepi, Julidochromis, chalinochromis, BN breeder
    030G Leulepi breeder
    030G SRD FlowerHorn
    040G Hongi Sweden breeder
    090G Tangs community
    100G Tangs community
    150G Cyphos Moba & Leulepi

Comment

Rather extreme over a fish huh!

Originally posted by ptran View Post
      Love to own one but love to hang on to my hand more. LOL

Comment

Yep, don't want it to cost an arm and leg for the fish literally. Haha..
        010G Long fin BN grow-out
        020G Electric blue, Red Fin Borleye FOR SALE
        020G Leulepi grow-out
        020G Leulepi, Julidochromis, chalinochromis, BN breeder
        030G Leulepi breeder
        030G SRD FlowerHorn
        040G Hongi Sweden breeder
        090G Tangs community
        100G Tangs community
        150G Cyphos Moba & Leulepi

Comment

Speaking of Betta albimarginata, I've been wanting some, preferably captive bred if possible.
          ​- Brandon O'Brian

There is something
          fishy going on here, and I kinda like it!

Comment

Try the Wet Spot it's about $32.00 for a pair but the shipping will cost you. I've lost some males last week. They found a hole to jump out of the top of the tank. I may buy some from them. But Don got me my original pair.
            Emerald Green Rainbowfish
            Yellow Rabbit Snails

Comment

Originally posted by black_knight View Post
              Try the Wet Spot it's about $32.00 for a pair but the shipping will cost you. I've lost some males last week. They found a hole to jump out of the top of the tank. I may buy some from them. But Don got me my original pair.
              Yeah, their shipping is around $35! I get all of my wild bettas from Don. Sorry about your loss. That sucks.
              ​- Brandon O'Brian

There is something

Comment

With all the bettas and licorice gouramis, 99% of my losses were due to them jumping out or food related problems.
                Licorice gouramis are picky eaters, difficult to wean off live. Wild bettas don't do well on high salt diets or low protein foods. Albimarginata need iron in their diet- blood worms. They get bloated and can die eating regular flakes. The wild bettas so long as it's high protein or freeze dried foods they do well and are more hardy than the licorice gouramis that can and will starve on you ( they will do well for a time on live brine shrimp- note not good for the bettas except for brackish water species)
                Yellow Rabbit Snails

Comment

Originally posted by black_knight View Post
                  With all the bettas and licorice gouramis, 99% of my losses were due to them jumping out or food related problems.
                  Licorice gouramis are picky eaters, difficult to wean off live. Wild bettas don't do well on high salt diets or low protein foods. Albimarginata need iron in their diet- blood worms. They get bloated and can die eating regular flakes. The wild bettas so long as it's high protein or freeze dried foods they do well and are more hardy than the licorice gouramis that can and will starve on you ( they will do well for a time on live brine shrimp- note not good for the bettas except for brackish water species)
                  Yeah, licorice gouramis are definitely picky! I used to keep Betta uberis, and I had great luck with them.
                  ​- Brandon O'Brian

There is something

Comment

Überis are awsome looking fish. I bought what I thought was a pair several years ago, but they were both males and eventually passed. They were wild caught and quite old and large when I got them. They lived about a year. Überis is not typically captive bred, like rutilans, brownorum, and coccina. Though many of those are still wild caught.
                    Yellow Rabbit Snails

Comment

Working...
                    X