Pea Puffers at feeding time!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pea Puffers at feeding time!

I decided to make a video (ended up being about 6 minutes long) of my pea puffers after watching their behavior at feeding time. You can see the female whose colors are less vibrant keeps chasing everyone away from her territory, AKA where I dropped the snails. There was one she left alone and I couldn't figure out why, then I got a clear shot of his belly with a line through it! (Cue 2Pac's Do For Love! lol) At the end I show the rest of the tank and my Oto's. Check it out! I love watching these little guys and gals.

those little guys are awesome. nice vid!

Comment

Stupid mermaid kept messing up my focus! Lol. I get some better ones up too

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome vid! I love otos too!
        30G fowlr
        55G planted community
        30G corner Glo tank

Comment

I wasn't a fan, but they are the only fish that all pea puffers seem to get along with. They are definitely growing on me. I just put some zucchini in after I took that video :-)

Comment

They are soooooo cute! Thank you for sharing.

Comment

Oto's are great for keeping the tanks clean
              30G fowlr
              55G planted community
              30G corner Glo tank

Comment

cool video. i like the long thought out process of the snail on the glass before he says eh screw it....they are neat fish and the otos will keep the algae down. i need to get some for my puffer tank

Comment

Originally posted by JCrizz View Post
                  ....There was one she left alone and I couldn't figure out why, then I got a clear shot of his belly with a line through it! (Cue 2Pac's Do For Love! lol)...
                  they generally breed in moss....so make sure there is either some java moss or a spawning mop there. mine have never bred, but they are notorious for eating their eggs. if you see egg, or even after the pair spend some time in the moss, just remove the moss to a confined area and replace it for the adults. the fry are very slow growing and will live in the moss for a while

Comment

Originally posted by morpheus View Post
                    they generally breed in moss....so make sure there is either some java moss or a spawning mop there. mine have never bred, but they are notorious for eating their eggs. if you see egg, or even after the pair spend some time in the moss, just remove the moss to a confined area and replace it for the adults. the fry are very slow growing and will live in the moss for a while
                    I have some java moss in the corner, but I'm not expecting anything to happen. I'll keep an eye out though!

Comment

Haha he was guarding the snail with his life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      010G Long fin BN grow-out
                      020G Electric blue, Red Fin Borleye FOR SALE
                      020G Leulepi grow-out
                      020G Leulepi, Julidochromis, chalinochromis, BN breeder
                      030G Leulepi breeder
                      030G SRD FlowerHorn
                      040G Hongi Sweden breeder
                      090G Tangs community