Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just got some pea puffers and I couldn't be happier!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beth777 View Post
    You didn't notice food missing?
    Just some algea wafe... YOU'RE SICK!!!! You know YOU aren't a fish, right?!

Comment

Well fed puffers will also help I think. I kept them in a 75 gallons community tank for couple months and then moved them to a 10 gallon tank. They couldn't compete food with other fishes because they like to stare at their food before eating them lol. After awhile there weren't any snails left in the tank for them to eat they started to nip at other fishes but they were fine for months before that.

I also put a bunch of guppy fries in their 10 gallon tank (I know you like guppies, but I had too many of them at that time), and some guppies grew big now. Not sure if the guppies were too fast or if the puffers like worms more.

Comment

Can I borrow somebodies puffers, I'm finding more and more snails in my tank...lol

Comment

Dang, what's with all the guppy hate lately? I'm glad to see some of them survived your sadistic plan, Dexter! Haha

I'd be more than happy to come take those snails off your hands! These 4 have just about cleaned out the 20 gallon already.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

My daughter thought the snails I was finding were cool so iv been catching them and dumping em in her tank...lol. They are cleaning the glass in her 10g. They are not a problem yet but if it gets out of hand I'll have to rent your puffers for a week..lol

Comment

That sounds just like my daughter, too. I actually never got any snail, but then I bought some java moss from someone. I checked it for snails and couldn't find any. I forgot about the eggs. THE EGGS!!!!

Comment

Are you serious! They've already nearly polished off all those snails? LOL What little piggys! LOL

Originally posted by JCrizz View Post
                Dang, what's with all the guppy hate lately? I'm glad to see some of them survived your sadistic plan, Dexter! Haha

I'd be more than happy to come take those snails off your hands! These 4 have just about cleaned out the 20 gallon already.

Comment

I've still got the moss you gave me in a jar. Those suckas gonna die!

That sounds just like my daughter, too. I actually never got any snail, but then I bought some java moss from someone. I checked it for snails and couldn't find any. I forgot about the eggs. THE EGGS!!!!

Comment

I just discovered how delicious sea weed is so algae wafers were the next experiment.

Just some algea wafe... YOU'RE SICK!!!! You know YOU aren't a fish, right?!

Comment

Years ago I had a male and female and they were such a cute little couple. Always bickering over a sea shell.LOL

Originally posted by LordBarron7692 View Post
                      Nice been thinking about getting some for my son's room

Comment

I looked and looked and couldn't see the neon cracks on Crizz',s but one definitely had a line up it's tummy with that same color my little boy had.

Originally posted by morpheus View Post
                        definitely a neat fish to have....and 4 puffers in that size tank should not be a problem. i have 4 in the 10gal and no aggression at all. eat like pigs though

i tried for 1M and 3F, but i got 2 and 2. difficult to tell when they are young. two have the distinctive eye patterns now (the neon blue cracks). mine have never bred, or are just continually eating the eggs out of the java moss.

Comment

It's really cute the way they seem to think about and study their food before they eat it.

Originally posted by EpikMuffin View Post
                          Well fed puffers will also help I think. I kept them in a 75 gallons community tank for couple months and then moved them to a 10 gallon tank. They couldn't compete food with other fishes because they like to stare at their food before eating them lol. After awhile there weren't any snails left in the tank for them to eat they started to nip at other fishes but they were fine for months before that.

I also put a bunch of guppy fries in their 10 gallon tank (I know you like guppies, but I had too many of them at that time), and some guppies grew big now. Not sure if the guppies were too fast or if the puffers like worms more.

Comment

I looked and looked and couldn't see the neon cracks on Crizz',s but one definitely had a line up it's tummy with that same color my little boy had.
                            the dark line on the belly is another indication of a male. this article is a good source i usually copy/paste to people. it explains in more details than i type :)

Comment

It's really cute the way they seem to think about and study their food before they eat it.
                              mine do attack the bloodworms pretty fast now, but if they were in a tank with tetras and such, they would not get a morsel if there were no snails available to snack on all day.

Comment

glad to hear they are taking good care of your snail infestation. relentless little guys. stores will give you bags for free from their tanks

Comment

Working...
                                X