Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this really a blood parrot cichlid ??? Does anyone want it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this really a blood parrot cichlid ??? Does anyone want it?

Don't remember where we got it a couple of years ago, but it has turned out completely different looking than the female brp that is bright orange smaller and rounder. It is a male and about 7 inches by 5in. It has pair bonded with the female but of course it can't fertilize the eggs. It's always harassing and pushing her around but can't really hurt her. To me it looks like some kind of red severum hybrid. Just getting too big for my tank. In the morning when the light comes on it is a vibrant iridescent pink then fades to a pale peach. The eyes look like the typical brp blue color. I'll post in for sale forum too. Any offers or ideas ?
    Attached Files

Im pretty certain it is a Blood Parrot, I bought a pair last year and one is very bright orange where the larger one has turned an almost Peach color. However, I have noticed when the light is off it changes back to the normal bright orange, when the light is left on for any long period of time it fades back to the peach color. Idk if it has to do with sexual maturity or not. Awesomely enough they laid eggs, but of course no fertility took place.

Comment

Working...
    X