Where to buy pea/dwarf puffers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to buy pea/dwarf puffers?

I'm looking to purchase a dwarf puffer and usually try to avoid online ordering if I can. I've never seen them in any LFS of box store but then I wasn't really looking and may have missed them. Does anyone know of a LFS that stocks them normally? I live near Tomball and work around the Galleria so I cover a pretty good area typically. I'll probably start with Fish Gallery and Ultimate Fish. I've just been busy with work so I haven't had a chance to look or call around much.

Try calling Fish Gallery, ADG, That Aquarium Place. Most stock them occasionally, so they have a lot and they dwindle and eventually reorder them.
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
    Desiderius Erasmus
    GHAC President

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

I got mine at Fish Gallery on Fountain View Rd. good price too i think they were like 3 for $15 or something similar. they do regularly have them, but call ahead to make sure. someone else on another thread said they recently were very low in stock of them.

I have never seen them in the big chain stores.

Comment

My office is 2 minutes from Fish Gallery so I'll check there. I always like an excuse to drop by at lunch.

Comment

I bought the last one on Saturday at Fish Gallery. I was looking to get a few more and the worker said they might get some in on Thursday (tomorrow).
            15g column BB low-tech driftwood/planted - Dwarf Puffer Tank :lupe:

Comment

I haven't been to extreme fish and pets in some time. But they always have pea puffers or did in the passed.
              Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

Well, I ended up getting one at Aquarium World on 290. I've been hesitant to ever purchase fish there before but their stock seems to be doing much better now than several months back when I first visited.

Now I just need to figure out where to get some live food. He just nibbles on his bloodworm and I don't think he has touched any of the MTS in the tank. I'll likely add some ramshorn or pond snails as soon as I find some.

Comment

If you can get some java moss do that too. Mine loves to pick off micro-fauna from it. I ordered some pond snails with my plants and they are now laying eggs in the tank. Some of them have hatched and my puffer is hunting them down. Also keep trying with the blood worms and other foods. Some have to be trained it seems.
                  15g column BB low-tech driftwood/planted - Dwarf Puffer Tank :lupe:

Comment

i never have gotten anything from aquarium world personally. nothing against them or their stock, i just always thought their prices were too much. havent been in the store in well over a year.

you may want to think of getting a couple. mine havent been aggressive with one another since there are a lot of territories. mine were also slow to acclimate to the new surroundings, and didnt really feed for a few days. but now they devour bloodworms until their bellies are like a ball. like Matt said, keep trying and he will come around. the amano shrimp clean up the leftovers for me

pond snails you can get pretty much anywhere. i go to my local petsmart and they pull them for free just to get rid of them. every snail is always gone by the time i return from whatever trip.

Comment

I was going to say I saw some puffers at ADG. There was a big one (18"?) that I know they want to get rid. Probably get it on the cheap.

Comment

Pets Place on Beamer had 20 or so, all small juvies.

Comment

I have 3 red eye green spotted puffers for sale I your interested. I live near fish gallery

Comment

I got some from Fish Gallery a month ago. It seems like they tend to have them in stock a lot!
                            10g Community Planted Aquarium
                            10g-CRS Planted Aquarium
                            55g Saltwater Aquarium-
                            20gH-Angelfish Planted Aquarium
                            20gL-Leopard Gecko

A 13 Year Old Teen Who Loves his animals!!
                            YOUTUBE: Michael15551

Comment

The Wet Spot usually has them in stock.- it's in Oregon. They ship , if your looking for a large number.
                              I would suggest a breeder box with ramhorn snails or setting up a 2.5 gallon for snails only. this a crucial food item for their health. They will eat freeze dried blood worms and frozen blood worms and mysis, but it's not the best food for them, and it fouls the water.
                              Another thing you could try is setting up a colony of gammagarus shrimp (freshwater copepods). These guys are great food for all sorts of fish, and are low maintance
                              Emerald Green Rainbowfish
                              Yellow Rabbit Snails

Comment

Working...
                              X